Saturday, April 08, 2017

If I'm To Keep Going...

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

The year - 2006. The place - We Should Be GMs blog. The mission - writing non-sugarcoated shit about the Phillies. Aka - keepin' it real.
Fast forward to present day...

Here I am, GM-Carson, in my 12th season of blogging Phillies baseball. I was there for the rise to prominence, whence the Phils reigned supreme o'er the NL East for 5 straight seasons. I was there for the collapse, circa 2012. I am here for the rebuild. I am here.

IF I am to keep blogging, I've gotta be me, and me is not always liked. I'm harsh, dramatic, and bi-polar. But dammit, I'm fun and funny (at least according to my Mom).

So without further ado...

*Vinnie Velasquez striking out 10 in 4 innings = awesome. Being chased from the game due to high pitch count and ineffectiveness after 4 innings = poop.

*I'm predicting Tommy Joseph starts the year 0-27. I've not seen a string of at bats so hapless since Kevin Millwood "attempted" to hit. 

*Eff Jayson Werth. Skeezy looking MF'er.

*I'm starting to think Maikel Franco is overrated/over-hyped. He's got the talent, but what goes on between his ears is puzzling.

*It's time to cut bait on Adam Morgan. Terrible last season and looks to be playing the part again.

*Jerad Eickhoff is getting the Cole Hamels treatment, in that the offense never produces for him and therefore his win-loss record is unimpressive despite good ERA/WHIP. If I were Eickhoff, I'd stand on the table of the post-game spread and piss all over it, because that's what the offense does to his chances of picking up the W every time he starts.

*I've been beating the "Mackanin sucks at managing" drum for awhile now, but to no avail. He yanked Hellickson after 67 pitches/5 innings/1 run. He yanked Eickhoff after 80 pitches/6.2 innings/2 run. Take the kiddie gloves off and let the big boys play for shit's sake! 

*I originally prognosticated 79-81 wins for the Phillies this season. I renege. I now foresee 23 wins, 26 max. They're shitty.

7 comments:

GM-Carson said...

12 runs in 1st inning. Thank you Guthrie.

GM-Carson said...

Well, that was fun.

Robert Dalton said...

They're still sh*tty lol quote from major leagues.

rslitman said...

If someone told me before this weekend that a pitcher named Jeremy born on April 8 would give up 10 runs in the first inning this weekend, I would have thought for sure that Hellickson would be way off form today (Sunday). Unfortunately, he got a no decision despite giving up no runs in 5, thanks to one particular reliever.

GM-Carson said...

Jeanmar and Mackanin are a joke.

GM-Carson said...

2 save chances and 5 runs allowed for Jeanmar so far. Just because he lucked his way into 37 saves last year doesn't mean he should remain closer. He's been release worthy since mid-August. Why keep him as closer? Mackanin is stupid with his pitching staff.

raybanoutlet001 said...

oakley sunglasses
michael kors uk
ugg outlet
ugg boots
ugg outlet
coach outlet store online
ugg boots
coach outlet
michael kors outlet
coach factory outlet