Monday, May 26, 2014

For the First Time in My Life...

For the first time in my life, the Philadelphia Phillies were no-hit. Last time it happened was way back in 1978 (I was born in 1979).  I can honestly say, I could have gone my entire life without seeing them no-hit and been completely content.

Now onto more pressing matters, the Phils have a 3 game set with the Rockies in Philly starting tonight.  Quick series preview- the Rockies are better than the Phillies.  Most MLB teams are better than the Phillies.  Amaro has ruined this club and idiots that still defend Ryan Howard's contract should be punched squarely in the throat to stop them from breathing long enough to feel that death might set in.  Baseball really does bring out the best in me...

Enjoy your Memorial Day.


7 comments:

Morak99 said...

I'm surprised it hadn't happened yet with as many struggles as this offence has had since 2010.

Dave said...

In happier news, I remember Jim Bunning's perfect game on Father's Day many years ago.

And Ryan was healthy when he signed the big contract. What is hadn't had injuries???

Beer-a-Thon said...

I would have loved if Howard never gotten injured, but he did.

Facts:
*Amaro jumped the gun and bid against himself by signing him to an extension. He could have taken him to arbitration and then reassessed the situation right before Howard was set to hit free agency.

*I find it hard to believe anybody else would have outbid the Phillies 5 YR/$125M offer, in fact the Phils would have likely gotten him cheaper and if not, it would have saved them tons to money to see him go elsewhere.

*Big men do not age well.

*Howard was already showing decline.

*Howard is a one trick pony- power/RBI. Can't run. Can't field. Can't throw. Doesn't hit for average and on base skills have dipped.

Morak99 said...

So, a boring, listless offense in a loosing effort. I turn the game off when the Rockies go up 4-1. I miss Revere's first homerun. I'll probably never see one in my life now.

GM-Carson said...

Phillies no-hit and a Revere homerun in the past 3 games. End of the world cometh?

Bob D said...

Revere HR probably deserves a post just because of how rare it is. What are the chances? 1 in 1466??

rslitman said...

Burnett joins the exclusive club of pitchers who have thrown a no-hitter and ones who have had a no-hitter pitched against his team in one of his starts. Justin Verlander is in this group, and I think Randy Johnson is , too.