Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Breaking News- Chase Utley DL Bound

The Phillies haven't announced the roster move yet, but I have it on good authority that Chase Utley is heading to the disabled list.  By "good authority", I mean hunch, and by "hunch", I mean that I'm just making this shit up.  Instead of heading to Washington with the team for the series against the Nationals, Utley is going to Philly to have an MRI on his rib cage for his effed up oblique.
"It definitely scared me a little bit. My first swing I took in BP, I felt something. My second swing, I felt it again. My third swing, I felt it again. After the fourth swing, I realized something wasn't right. That's when I told Charlie I have some pain in my side. He told me to go see Scott [head trainer]. He took me out of the game. I think it was a smart thing to do. You want to be careful with these things, because they could linger and get worse if you try to play through it. I think we caught it early enough, but it's hard to know until we have some imaging on it."~Chase Utley
In other words, minimal 15-day DL stint.  2013 is so much fun!!!

17 comments:

GM-Carson said...

Props to Delmon Young in consecutive games and for one helluva throw tonight pegging a runner at 2nd.

Bob D said...

Howard with an infeild double

Bob D said...

Howard with an infeild double

Bob D said...

Howard with an infeild double

Beer-a-Thon said...

Ok, ok, we get it. Howard had an infield double. Chillax.

Beer-a-Thon said...

Great game by Cliff Lee tonight. Nice to see a complete game shutout. Winning is nice too.

Ben said...

At least one of the $20 million dollar pitchers is earning his keep.

Bob D said...

Wow, sent it from my phone and the phone kept resending it LOL...kinda like a game where Howard strikes out 3 times

Beer-a-Thon said...

See if the Dodgers will give away Andre Ethier. He'd look far better in RF than Delmon Young. Young's past 2 games aren't a trend, but anomaly.

Beer-a-Thon said...

Aumont optioned to AAA. No corresponding move made in return.

Beer-a-Thon said...

Chase Utley to the DL.

I'm suspecting Michael Stutes and Cesar Hernandez are called up.

Anonymous said...

Our old friend is back. Yippee

Bob D said...

Mini-Mart?!?!?!?!?!

I'll turn on the games after June 5

Bob D said...

I just can't wait to hear the Post (Rant) on this move - :O

Anonymous said...

I’m not that much of a internet reader to be honest but your sites really nice,
keep it up! I'll go ahead and bookmark your site to come back down the road. Cheers

My website :: conversational tone

Anonymous said...

I'm not in a position to view this web site properly on saffari I feel there is a downside

Feel free to surf to my webpage :: stop working when pregnant

Anonymous said...

More Info propecia 20 years old - propecia side effects for men