Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Series Preview - Mets

Tuesday, 7:05 -The Vanimal v. Chris Young
Wednesday, 7:05 - King Cole v. Matt Harvey
Thursday, 1:05 - Oh no, it's KK v. Jon Niese

What To Watch For:
Tuesday - Want to play a drinking game? Here's a good one: drink every time T-Mac or Wheels make a comment about Chris Young's height and how it relates to his pitching style. They love talking about how he's an "intimidating presence" and how he strides so far he's "right on top of the hitter." They love how he throws "downhill" and yada, yada, yada. But more than anything, Wheels loves busting out the science to show us all how his fastball "looks faster" and the batter's reaction time is less because of his stride length. So, chug your entire drink if Wheels says any variation of, "He throws 88, but it looks like 93." You'll be drunk by the second inning. 

Wednesday - The Phillies don't have much going for them, and the Mets are falling fast, so this game is about as unimportant as the rest in this series. But luckily for T-Mac and Wheels the Mets will start rookie Matt Harvey. Since they, and us fans, haven't seen Harvey yet, they can spend 5 or 6 innings describing his rise to the majors and Wheels can give a different scouting report every inning based on what he saw the previous inning. Most of the stuff he says will contradict the stuff he said the previous inning, but that's okay because he can't remember what he says any better than we can. Also, look for Cole Hamels Cy Young references.

Thursday - Don't watch this game unless you can stomach the verbal-fellating Wheels is going to give KK. Luckily for most of us we'll have to follow on the 'net because it's a 1:05 start. Phew, that was a close one...

What I'm Drinking:
Knob Creek Bourbon - While I like and appreciate the trendy "full flavored" microbrewed beers, I'm in no way a "beer snob." I often prefer to drink cheap beer. I love Miller Lite and Natty Bo. But when it comes to liquor, I'm pretty darn snobby. I don't "mix" my liquor with anything but ice, water or club soda so if it tastes like garbage straight, I won't drink it. Jim Beam falls under this category. It's crap. It's mass produced, over-marketed swill. But Beam Inc. does make some good bourbon. Basil Hayden's is my favorite Beam "small batch" but the much cheaper Knob Creek does the job just fine. The taste? I don't know. I'm not that sophisticated. But it's good. Go get some.

14 comments:

GM-Carson said...

Corey has yet to convert me to the high society liquors. But I am a beer snob. Most cheap beers just don't taste that great. I'll drink them if they're at a party, but I won't buy them if I'm at a restaraunt. I love the microbrews, I'm hooked.

I do look forward to Hamels start though, because my fantasy team needs him to be dominant.

GM-Carson said...

Had to go and fetch a new logo for my profile.

JH said...

Try the Jim Beam black, much better than the regular. And get to the Kentucky Derby some year so you can hit the bars where they have bourbon samplers. 6 or 7 or 8 bourbons in little glasses, so yummy.

JH said...

Oh and any year we don't finish last and finish in front of the Mutts is good.

SirAlden said...

1) Catch Mets - Done

2) Get to .500 - getting closer.

GM-Carson said...

Vance Worley isn't good anymore. Is it the floating "bodies" in his elbow?

Beer-a-Thon said...

One of the biggest disappointments of 2012- Bastardo. Can not be trusted.

Chase Trillo said...

B.J. Rosenberg is terrible.

Chase Trillo said...

Here is your press conference question: Charlie, how many times do you have to see Rosenberg fail before you realize he just isn't very good?

Bob D said...

Did we win?

GM-Carson said...

NJ Rosenberg is allowed to continue sucking but Cloyd is stuck in AAA. Something not right here...

GM-Carson said...

Manuel is a horrible manager. Why pitch Rosenberg there. Why not Aumont or Horst instead?

Chase Trillo said...

Gotta make my old saying a signature.

Rosenberg sucks. Martinez sucks more. Manuel sucks the most!

Ding Michelle said...

Try taking some an extension box, and ensure that will suitable actions usually are taken up mens clothing cheap |men cashmere sweater defend your personal data plus your dollars. And then, move handbag purchasing!