Thursday, 8:10 - Unlucky Lee v. Marco Estrada
Friday, 8:10 - The Vanimal v. Yovani Gallardo
Saturday, 7:10 - OGP v. Mike Fiers
Sunday, 2:10 - Oh no, it's KK v. Randy Wolf
- When will this bad luck streak end for Cliff Lee. Last year, Lee gave up 4 or more runs in 7 games and and 62 earned runs for the year. Already in 2012, he's given up 4+ earned in 9 games and 60 earned. To match last year's earned run totals, he will have to have a 90 inning scoreless streak. That is some serious bad luck.
- Vance Worley continues to pitch hurt for no apparent reason. Todd Zolecki mentioned this the other day on his blog with some quotes from assistant GM Scott Profrock. My 'favorite' quote - "I haven't been involved in any discussions whatsoever with shutting him down."
Wha-wha-what!?!?! You haven't even discussed shutting down a young pitcher with an elbow injury. This sort of quote does not inspire faith in the front office...
- KK had a great game versus the AAAA team playing in Miami, which means we get to watch him get hammered by real teams while T-Mac and Wheels use this one game as defense to keep giving him starts.
- Mike Fiers is a 27 year old, former 22nd round pick who's having some success in his first big league season. If he was with the Phillies, he be in AAA watching KK get 20 starts...
- Michale Martinez. Really? How is this guy still on the team. Current OPS - .375.
- Ryan Braun has played 108 games this season, which is about 50 more than he should have played. (Obviously Melky Cabrera didn't consult with Braun before admitting that his failed PED test was legit and that he accepts the punishment for his cheating.) Braun hasn't homered in two weeks and is 9 for his last 47.
Phils lose 3.