Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Bad Galvis

Bad Galvis:
We Should Be GMs was right again. Yeah, we have a pretty good track record with this sorta stuff. Anyway, we were correct in our analysis of Freddy Galvis- can field, but can't hit. Turns out, he really can't hit as he was aided by PEDs, so his .617 OPS looks even more pathetic now.  Especially considering his OPS was mostly "inflated" due to all those extra base hits (19), which means it would have been even more paltry without the banned substance coursing through his veins.  Corey and I do not support this kid.  We are appalled at his use of PEDs and believe his punishment should go beyond the one being given to him from MLB.  See, there is a loophole that Galvis will be exploiting, in that his 50-game suspension can be served while he's on the DL (which he currently is due to a back fracture).  That's bullshit!  Send the kid down to the minors when he returns; send a "no tolerance" lesson to the youngsters (since that's where he belongs anyway).

Of course Galvis is peddling the same old cliche crap of "I have not and never would knowingly use anything illegal to enhance my performance. I have always tried to follow the team's strength and conditioning methods, listen to the trainers, work out hard and eat right. Unfortunately, the rules are the rules and I will be suspended."  Sure, it's your lie, tell it how you want.

He also had this nugget of joy- "I'd like to apologize to my all my fans, especially here in Philadelphia and back home in Venezuela, to my teammates and to the Phillies organization. I am looking forward to putting this behind me, rehabilitating my back and returning to the Phillies as soon as possible to try to help them win another World Series."  Well, I'm not going to let you put this behind you, as I'll boo your ass from my comfy couch and ridicule you on this blog.  What he did was wrong, and shouldn't be so easily forgiven/dismissed.  Oh, and the part about the World Series made me chuckle...as if!

And In Other News:
*Michael Martinez still sucks.  Really, he's horrible.  Babe Ruth swinging a toothpick would have a better batting average than Mini-Mart's (currently .172 and dropping).

*Chooch has the 3rd highest AVG in the NL (.358) and 5th highest OPS (1.003).  In case you haven't done so yet, Vote Chooch.

*John Mayberry has 4 homeruns in his last 5 games.  This is a welcomed resurgence from what has otherwise been a terrible 2012 campaign from Jr.

*Don't expect David Herndon back anytime soon (to some that is good news).  He had Tommy John Surgery as is out for a minimum of 1 year.

*I'd like to trade Jim Thome to an AL team in need of a DH (Baltimore?) and in return get a bullpen piece.

10 comments:

Jeremy said...

I think Freddy got a raw deal, in that he was getting ripped off by his dealer.

Anthony said...

In happier news, Phillies second round draft pick Dylan Cozens committed his first Howard of his professional career in his second game in the GCL.

GM-Carson said...

Can't wait for Howard together back and commit some Howards.

Corey said...

"as if."

i couldn't have said it better myself.

i agree with not putting galvis on the major league squad the rest of the season. they should send him down asap (i don't think you can demote a DL'd player). however, i also believe in second chances. i hope he works hard and fights for a lineup spot next season. i hope he loses that fight, but the opportunity should be his. but for the remainder of the season he'll get no support from me. he's a cheat and a disgrace and unfortunately no matter what else he does, that label will always follow him.

GM-Carson said...

I had a feeling this season would suck, but I didn't expect it to be like this. So many injuries, under performing vets, PEDs...what's next?

Ben said...

Carson, to answer you question, Amaro at the trade deadline. Yay.

GM-Carson said...

Really Joe, really?!

This shit is old. He's bad. He cashed in on the World Series and took Amaro for a ride with that shitty contract he's currently signed to.

I see 1 year deals in his future.

Anonymous said...

There's an article on clichem.org about contamination in men from intercourse with a female using Clostebol for vaginitis. In the test, up to 16 hours after, men had .9-3.5 parts per billion in urine samples. If Freddy really did have 80 parts per trillion as he said, that would be 1/12 the amount as the study yielded.

Not ready to write Freddy off so quickly after investigating this. Well, except for his taste in women...

Anonymous said...

My daughter has had

this for almost 3 months now and is very pleased with it. It heats rapidly and her hair doesn't look dry after using it. It doesn't seem to have the "cord" issues that she had with her chi.

Anonymous said...

I have natural ethnic hair (very curly and thick, but not course). I transitioned from braids to a natural style using Moroccan Oil Intense Curl Creme. I love this product. My hair

stays very hydrated, and I can create a variety of natural styles using the Intense Curl. I also take my product to my hair stylist. She also loves the product. There are no artificial chemicals, and is very

safe on natural hair.