Friday, March 09, 2012

Over/Under- Jimmy Rollins

Welcome back J-Roll. It's like you never left. Oh wait, you didn't. Thank goodness he didn't take the money and run elsewhere, because the pickings at shortstop were/are slim. Jimmy is the catalyst of this lineup- "As Jimmy goes, so do the Phillies" is very true. He's not the prototypical leadoff hitter, but the man has speed and pop and makes this happen. Not to mention, continues to play stellar defense. I'm thinking a return to form for Rollins this year with 100+ runs scored.

2012 Projection:
Jimmy Rollins/SS - 151 G, .270/.743, 101 R, 33 DBL, 13 HR, 62 RBI, 29 SB.

Over or under?

4 comments:

Preserve Jon said...

I like this vain you guys are travelling. Keep it up. I like a lot of the stats you've got for Jimmy. I think in ten years when I look back at this team, Jimmy is who I will appreciate more. I want to believe in him, but 101 runs is an awful lot.

GM-Carson said...

A's just released catcher Landon Powell. Seeing that the Phils have very little depth at the position, he might be worth a look. He plays great defense and his bat has been decent in the minors, but subpar in the majors so far.

GM-Carson said...

Spring training games this early are so meaningless. Halladay "roughed up" for 3 runs in 3 innings. Now with a 7.20 ERA. Ha!

One thing that does bother me a little bit is that Laynce Nix still doesn't have a hit.

Andrew said...

Spring training stats are meaningless for pitchers. They're a bit more interesting for batters and most interesting for those position players fighting for roles. I don't even pay attention to what pitchers do until Opening Day.