Thursday, January 19, 2012

Rooting For The Old Man

But Does He Know Where The Rockies Play?
Jamie Moyer signed a minor league deal with the Rockies this week. The 49 year old Moyer, who's coming off of Tommy John surgery, has to pass a physical.

I don't know if any other team offered Moyer a deal, but taking a look at their current rotation options, I can see Moyer getting a shot, especially if the Rockies look at him as part time 5th starter and part time assistant pitching coach.

Now, since it's January and there's nothing else to talk about, let's commence arguing about whether Moyer can make the Hall of Fame. Go!

Bowden Tweets
Four-letter baseball talking head and former shit-GM Jim Bowden punched out some Phillies tweets yesterday. Basically, he said Ty Wiggy will play first base primarily until Ryan Howard gets healthy and Amaro expects Mayberry and Nix will likely platoon left field. Nothing surprising here, but I imagine the Dom Brown lovers will be a little disappointed to see him back with the FeHams this spring.

Fuqua In The Movies - Caddyshack

6 comments:

GM-Carson said...

I'm rooting for Moyer. I hope he makes the team and notches some wins (just not against the Phillies).

If he's abled bodied and a team is willing, I hope he pitches into his 50's.

As far as the HoF...um, no.

Now onto Jim Bowden. I listen to him every afternoon on the ride home and he's a douche. He thinks his opinion is the only one that matters and is so pompous when it comes to giving it. I like listening to him though, because I debate in my head with him and that's one of the beauties of baseball.

Preserve Jon said...

FeHams.


Ha!

Anonymous said...

I keep forgetting, but Moyer had 2 shutouts that last season he pitches for us.

Jack said...

I'd love to see the Phils resign old man Moyer but we just don't need him as a starter and he doesn't do relief work. I think the Ancient One would be a great clubhouse presence and like having a 2nd pitching coach to all the younger Phils pitchers.

Jack

Anonymous said...

I think he's underestimated. I bet he's in the regular rotation and will do well once he gets used to the altitude. I'll be buying a Rockies shirt. It looks like his number is available.

HOF? I'd love that and I've seen worse nominated. Maybe if he can pack in some wins this year...

GM-Carson said...

Moyer would need 300 wins to make the HoF, and he's well short of that. If he pitches into his mid 50's then it might happen though.