Thursday, September 15, 2011

A Preview (Kind of) of the Marlins Series (Sort of)

Marlins at the Phillies, for one day only!

2:35 Kyle Kendrick v. Anibal Sanchez
7:35 Cliff Lee v. Alex Sanabia

Enjoy your last look at the Florida Marlins, as they are "moving" to Miami next year.

-----------------------------------------
Those Loveable Brewers
The Brewers are probably the second best team in the National League right now. They have good starting pitching, a deep bullpen and a lineup full of mashers. They are the biggest threat to the Phillies making the World Series, which is why I love to see them in turmoil.

Yesterday, Prince Fielder had this to say to TBS, "I'm signed for this year, but being real about it, it is probably the last year."

Nice timing, Prince. Everyone knows you're not staying in Milwaukee, but is it really necessary to talk about it now? Can this possibly be good for team chemistry?

Not to be outdone by Prince's big mouth, that gentle soul Francisco Rodriguez felt it was necessary to question his role on the team.

"There's been plenty of save opportunities and I've onlypitched once in the ninth inning, and it was not even a saveopportunity. I'm not happy. It's simple. That's the bottom line.They told me one thing, they haven't done it. I'm not lying. I'm not creating something out of nowhere. I'mjust stating the facts. That's something I should not be discussingwith any of you guys. That's something I should be discussing withthe manager in his office."

His team is just about to clinch a division title yet the very selfish K-Rod is "not happy." I'm sure K-Rod's teammates are thrilled that he prioritizes closing and stats over winning. Never mind that current closer John Axelrod, is 19 for 19 in save opportunities since K-Rod joined the team.

Keep talking, Brewers, you're only helping the Phillies.
------------------------------------------
WSBGMs Ticket Exchange
Preserve Jon said...
 
I have two tickets to tonights game that I can't use and just cannot seem to get rid of. Section 420, Row 13, Seats 19-20. Upstairs, but right behind home plate.

The catch is the tickets are in Dover, DE. If anyone in the area reads this blog and wants to go to the game, post an email or phone number and I'll try to do the right thing.

This is legit...no scams or d'bags need apply.

Thx.

11 comments:

Preserve Jon said...

I have two tickets to tonights game that I can't use and just cannot seem to get rid of. Section 420, Row 13, Seats 19-20. Upstairs, but right behind home plate.

The catch is the tickets are in Dover, DE. If anyone in the area reads this blog and wants to go to the game, post an email or phone number and I'll try to do the right thing.

This is legit...no scams or d'bags need apply.

Thx.

ripjgarcia said...

Damn. I wish I had seen that earlier.

GM-Carson said...

Remember when Antonio Bastardo was good? He is all over the place right now. Very hittable with poor control.

I know people say these games are meaningless, but I view it a bit differently. There is no magic switch to flip once playoffs start. Ending the regular season sharp is important. That means Oswalt needs to pitch better, Howard, Victorino, and Utley need to hit better. This team has great pitching, but the offense still worries me.

ripjgarcia said...

While yer talking about it. They need to rest Hamels arm and let KK have a spot start before the playoffs. I look at the gamelogs on gameday and his fastball is still down 2-3mph. His luck will run out if he runs into the playoffs like that.

Andres Espejo | Educar a un perro said...

My son was soooo disapontied that he could not go to the game, he nearly cried, but what could I do ? had no tickets.

Now I see these and I am prying that my son dosent see it. He would me MAD.

GM-Carson said...

I'm all for resting and being healthy, but playing solid to end the season is important in my opinion. All the bats going quiet now is not a good thing, even if everything is clinched.

OH, John Bowker sucks!

ripjgarcia said...

Speaking of resting. I'm playing my DS free-roll winnings in a heads up tonight and Vic is outta the lineup :(

Preserve Jon said...

Thanks for the helping hand GMs. Unfortunately, I just got home from work and the tickets ended up going unused. Sacrilege.

ripjgarcia said...

pathetic O again. Carson yer right.. all this resting is gonna funk this up.

ripjgarcia said...

Question mark. Why is Ryan Howard in the game at 1st base in the 10th inning yet Gload bats in the 9th.

Ellisyntx said...

My son was soooo disapontied that he could not go to the game, he nearly cried, but what could I do ? had no tickets. Now I see these and I am prying that my son dosent see it. He would me MAD.