Saturday, April 02, 2011

What the hell is wrong with umpire Scott Barry?

Do you all recall that replacement asshole umpire Scott Barry that taunted Ryan Howard and then instantly ejected him from the game? If not, let me refresh your memory. It was the game in which Roy Oswalt played left field and Ibanez came into play 1st base in extra innings. Howard went ape shit, gif below. Well, Barry has struck again, and this time against BJ Upton of the Tampa Rays. Watching the O's opener last night I witnessed Barry blow a call of epic proportions. Upton was in a rundown between 3rd and 2nd base when SS JJ Hardy ran into him. Catcher Matt Weiters then tagged Upton "out", as Barry saw fit to call the play. However, it was clearly interference on the behalf of Hardy. Hardy knew it, the crowd knew it, the Orioles announcers knew it, Elizabeth Taylor knew it, everyone knew it except for umpire extraordinaire Scott Barry. Upton and manager Joe Maddon argued the outrageous call to no avail, and the rest of the umpiring crew didn't have the balls to overturn it.

There's more to this Scott Barry story though. Notorious hothead Milton Bradley was insulted by Barry back in 2007 when Milton used it as an excuse to go coo-coo for Coco Puffs. This is the play that MB blew out his knee when his coach tried to restrain him from popping Barry's prickish head right off his stupid little body. Also, Barry had the quick trigger with two Nationals last year- Ryan Zimmerman and Ivan Rodriguez. The always classy Zimmerman got tossed for tossing his bat in frustration following a strikeout and Pudge was on a disputed check swing. Notice a pattern here? 3 blacks, 1 Latino, and 1 white boy. Is Scott Barry racist? Does he have a Napoleon complex? What the hell is wrong with umpire Scott Barry? And for that matter, what the hell is wrong with Major League Baseball in naming this twit a full-time umpire?

21 comments:

GM-Carson said...

The Howard 2011 standing on left sidebar.

Bob D said...

Ahh, yes I remember him. Somehow I left him off my Christmas list

drv said...

The sooner Scott Barry is out of baseball, the sooner I can stop having one of my 'blind rages' everytime I see or hear his name.

James said...

i lost respect for this when you started saying it was a race issue... HES JUST S SHITTY ASS UMPIRE

Preserve Jon said...

Was that a thinly veiled Andy Martino reference in your post?


Also, I had forgotten about Howard's outburst. Thanks for the reminder. Remember the glance he gave Howard? It was the most unprofessional thing I had ever seen. It feels good to know that Howard acted out against that a'hole.

GM-Carson said...

James- I don't really think it's a race issue, I was poking fun of Martino's Castillo release article from a week or so ago.

Anonymous said...

Can't believe he's already pulling this bull$#)%. Was so disappointed when saw he was promoted in February.

Last year I used TheFightins to post a series of "Scott Barry is a cuckold" harangues for weeks after the Howard incident. Not sure what outlet I can use this year.

Seriously, sumthin has to be done about that guy.

Anonymous said...

Scott Barry is a failure of an umpire, but I agree with James, bringing racism into the argument is unnecessary and frankly, stupid. Between the article and your Tweet ("Scott Barry is a racist.") I see no satire or any relation whatsoever to Andy Martino and his nonsense writings. Maybe you're pretending to be Andy Martino too much because you're starting to sound like him. And that's not a compliment. Both of you should refrain from any more racial accusations/commentary and stick to baseball. I'll get off my soapbox now, thanks for listening and Go Phils!

Corey said...

anyways...

don't look now, the pirates are up 3 runs in the 7th looking to go 2-0. is it too early to start talking phucco playoff series?

Kevin said...

I can honestly tell you that Scott Barry is not a racist...I won't argue that he wasn't quick to throw out Ryan Howard last year or that he hasn't blown some calls but he's not a racist.

Kevin said...

Also Barry wasn't the umpire that made the comment to Milton Bradley to make him go crazy, it was Mike
Winters. get your facts straight

GM-Carson said...

What the fuck? I'm not trying to be The Fightins because We Should Be GMs has and forever will be We Should Be GMs. But I don't understand how The Fightins could post shit like this and have it be the rave of town and everyone thought it was funny, but when I do it, it's all of a sudden unacceptable. Whatever.

Two posts in 3 days that I failed at. Maybe I should quit.

GM-Carson said...

I'm sorry, one place (the first place) I found info about Scott Barry, it said he was the replacement umpire that was in for Mike Winters during the Bradley fracas. However, that was incorrect, he later replaced Winters who was the one who egged on Bradley.

Corey said...

i think i jinxed the buccos...

GM-Carson said...

No, Evan Meek just pitched like poop.

Bob D said...

I thought it was funny. I will continue to laugh at Martino and Barry. Barry was just a jerk to Howard and others too. Too bad if some got upset.

Unknown said...

He ejected a white guy you said so what race is he prejudiced to? You really jumped to conclusions there I was completely with you and reading intently until that point when you went from a 10 right up to 100 I don't agree with that and the conclusion you made on that subject is completely flawed I think he's a garbage ump and is home base ump tonight in my team(Toronto bluejays)against the new York yankees so I wanted to see what people thought of him and if people have same opinion as me then I came across your comment and started reading... You should have left that far out to left field comment and it would have been a home run to read takecare!

Jeremy Klimke said...

I completely agree with you! It's not a race thing at all he went 0-100 really fast with that comment he's a garbage ump but one thing I haven't seen in him is racism!

Jeremy Klimke said...

I completely agree with you! It's not a race thing at all he went 0-100 really fast with that comment he's a garbage ump but one thing I haven't seen in him is racism!

Jeremy Klimke said...

He ejected a white guy you said so what race is he prejudiced to? You really jumped to conclusions there I was completely with you and reading intently until that point when you went from a 10 right up to 100 I don't agree with that and the conclusion you made on that subject is completely flawed I think he's a garbage ump and is home base ump tonight in my team(Toronto bluejays)against the new York yankees so I wanted to see what people thought of him and if people have same opinion as me then I came across your comment and started reading... You should have left that far out to left field comment and it would have been a home run to read takecare!

Matthew said...

Whether he is a racist or not isn't something I'm concerned with...I just can't understand why an umpire this horrible keeps a job in the major leagues.