Saturday, April 02, 2011

The General Lee & Retractions

As if you didn't know already, the General Lee makes his return to the mound that has always been rightfully his in Philly. Clifton Phifer Lee gets the ball tonight for the Phillies, while Wandy Rodriguez goes for the Astros. Game time 7:05. Win time roughly 9:45. Enjoy your night.

Retraction #1:
I, GM-Carson, wish to hereby retract my false statements put forth on March 31st, 2011 on the blog We Should Be GMs in the post titled Time To Get Real. My dismal, shortsighted, and generally moronic outlook on the 2011 Philadelphia Phillies season is entirely erroneous. The offense is a juggernaut. The bench is stellar. The rotation is legendary. The bullpen is rock solid. Charlie Manuel is to managing as Bobby Fischer is to chess. This team will break the 2001 Seattle Mariners all-time wins record of 116 and of course win the World Series.

Retraction #2:
I, GM-Carson...yes the same dumbass as before, wish to retract the disingenuous accusations of upstanding umpire Scott Barry from the following post titled What the hell is wrong with Scott Barry? from earlier this morning, on the 2nd of April, 2011. Mr. Scott Barry is simply a man doing his job, and doing a fine job at that. He is most definitely not a racist, merely a victim of temperamental, overgrown children (aka MLB players) reacting inexcusably to his infallible judgment. Scott Barry is a lover of people of all creeds, no matter sexual orientation, religious belief, skin color, or cultural background. He is a philanthropist of the utmost respect, having donated half his 2011 paycheck to the crisis in Japan.

I sincerely apologize to any I have offended with my ill-advised attempt at humor. I promise to crosscheck facts, consult my therapist, and read my posts with the eyes of an innocent child before publishing them from now on. In fact, I was hesitant to post a picture of the famed car from the Dukes of Hazard, the General Lee, because of its it bearing the Confederate flag- the symbol of oppression.

Ha. Yeah, right. Get a grip people. Like Frankie Goes to Hollywood said- Relax!


Corey said...


Bob D said...

I can be a stand in writer if you want someone else to piss off the blogging world. LOL So what if someone got bent out of shape - I wonder if they did about Martino doing the same thing that you was poking fun at?

GM-Carson said...

Phils looking good.