Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Phillies Offense Remarkably Consistent

3, 4, 3, 4, 3, 3, 3- runs scored in each game by the Phillies offense over the last week. The Phillies offense has been remarkably consistent, just not enough!

Before you bend me over a barrel and give me my lashing for using this small sample size, please think about what it is that I'm saying. This offense is just not good. Ibanez is weak, old, and doesn't belong in the field. As I so eloquently put it in yesterday's comment section, "Also, I've seen enough of Ibanez in a Phils uniform. Thanks for the memories, but a quadriplegic with a malfunctioning wheelchair could "run" on his arm. I just think Raul has been horrible." Ben Francisco is pulling off every pitch and can be beat, easily, on the outside part of the plate. Jimmy Rollins is our 3-hole hitter with 1 f'n RBI. Wilson Valdez was career Quad-A player until be miscast as a starter, that is hitting above his head and will come crashing down sooner rather than later. The Phillies pitching staff may just be the bee's knees, but they need runs to work with.

I'll relax though; they still have a winning record after all. Nothing to worry about right?

Halladay goes for the complete game 1-0 shutout win tonight. Yeah!

2 comments:

GM-Carson said...

I'm getting upset over nothing right?

ripjgarcia said...

Yes, you might be. Baseball has a law of averages and is a game of streaks. Giants last year. I could not of imagined that after game 15 of a 162 game schedule.