Saturday, March 26, 2011

Same Sh*t Different Toilet


Since Brade Lidge's perfect season of 2008, it's been a rather tumultuous time in Philly. Is it just me, or has he been either A) on the DL or B) continually blowing saves? Here we are ready to begin the 2011 season and we find our beloved closer on the disabled list yet again. He told us it was nothing to worry about and everything would be fine. Well, Brad, everything isn't fine. Utley is out. Werth is gone. And now you just made the bullpen thin. Same shit, different toilet.

Other Stuff:
*The man of the celebratory bro-hug, Mike Sweeney, has decided to retire.

*The kadrillion dollar man, Jayson Werth, is apparently going to be batting 2nd in the Nationals lineup.

*I'm running in the Phillies 5K today. If I don't make it back...it's been fun.

4 comments:

GM-Carson said...

I'm survived the run.

Andrew said...

Didn't Lidge start last season on the DL? Then he had a decent year. Shouldn't be a big deal.

Jack said...

can we get a reliever who doesn't need to see a doctor EVERY month?

GM-Carson said...

Hasn't Lidge started every season on the DL? Or is that Ghetto Boys style my minds playing tricks on me?