Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Have You Ever Seen The Rain - Madson Remix

Boras told me long ago, you could save a game like Mo.
I know, you’ve been waiting for some time.
In the Ninth, so they say, you will save the game today.
I know, but I don’t see it happening.

I want to know, have you ever saved a game?
I want to know, have you ever saved a game
comin' in with a one run lead?

Yesterday, and days before, blew that save and many more
I know, been that way for all your time.
'Til forever on it goes, how many saves will you blow?
I know, and I can't stop complaining.
I want to know, have you ever saved a game?
I want to know, have you ever saved a game
comin' in with a one run lead?

------------------------------------

Alright, so after it was announced yesterday that Lidge will miss about 3-6 weeks to half the season due to a rotator cuff injury, Charlie said that Jose Contreras will be the first choice closer and Madson will continue to lock down the 8th inning. That is bullshit! I already had the song parody written and nothing f#%$ing rhymes with Contreras.

Of course, Charlie did hedge his bets on who would close: “Right now, with the way it looks, here lately we’ve been using Contreras. Of course, Madson is still there. At the same time, to start the season, it looks like it might be Contreras. I don’t know yet." Nice. With that sort of hesitancy, he sounds like he's waging war with Libya and not choosing a closer.

I'm surprised Madson isn't going to be closing the games. With Lidge likely exiting after this season, it would only seem natural to groom MadDog for the role. Unless, they don't think he can do, like Rich Dubee seems to think.

“The game speeds up on him sometimes. He doesn’t know, doesn’t get to the same comfort level. There’s a little anxiety in there," Dubee told Delaware Online. "The ninth inning is a little different than the eighth. There’s been a lot of solid eighth inning guys that just haven’t been able to pitch the ninth, then one day they learn how to do it."

"The ninth inning is a little different than the eighth." Wow, that sentence is to a Sabermetrician what a Pixy Stick is to a diabetic.

Anyways, I'm not going to spend too much time arguing Contreras v. Madson because this situation is far from resolved and to be honest I could care less who closes the games, as long as it isn't Danys Baez.


Source: http://aol.sportingnews.com/mlb/story/2011-03-29/brad-lidge-could-miss-half-the-season-with-rotator-cuff-tear#ixzz1I2CUk7k4

3 comments:

GM-Carson said...

1- Danys Baez is to be referred to as Baez Sucks.

2- Madson in the 9th inning is disastrous.

3- I am now officially worried about this season. I'll post on the reasons why tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

To the tune of "Volare":

Con - tre - ras, oh oh oh oh

Con - tre - ras, oh oh oh oh

ripjgarcia said...

Interesting lineup card today.

Kinda looks like what would be the ideal opening day batting order.