Monday, January 03, 2011

Why Can't We Be Friends- Phils/Mets

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

I seen ya in the rear view for a long, long time,
I really remember you because all you do is whine.

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

I'd seen ya sulkin' at the stadium in Queens,
Your team doesn't even know what contention means.

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

I pay my money for Phillies playoffs tickets,
But in October, Citi Field's only sound is crickets.

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

The color of your jersey does matter to me,
Aint' no way we can live in harmony.

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

I'd kinda like to be the Mets GM or president,
So I could show you how money should be spent.

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

Sometimes I hear you cry at night,
But yet you brag like your team got it right.

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

I know you're jealous down deep inside,
You just won't admit it because of that foolish pride.

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

2 comments:

furiousBall said...

why does it look like the Philies guy is about to do some junk grabbage?

GM-Carson said...

Probably because the Mets fan said some jackassy NY better than Philly bullshit.