Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Time to Get in Shape for Phillies 5K

I must be crazy, I just registered for the Phillies first 5K run...time to get in shape.

From Phillies.com:
Fans are invited to lace up their running shoes and take part in the inaugural Phillies 5K for Charity on Saturday, March 26, 2011, at 9 a.m.

The USATF certified 5K (3.1 mi.) run starts and ends at Citizens Bank Park with a loop through FDR Park. Following the run, there will be a cool-down lap on the field along with a photo finish at home plate (weather permitting). A post-race party and awards ceremony will also be held in Ashburn Alley, complete with music, a free raffle for Phillies items, games for kids, an appearance by the Phillie Phanatic and more.

"We're very excited to launch this new race for charity, which offers plenty of Phillies fun along the way," said Mary Ann Gettis, Phillies Race Coordinator. "We encourage fans to register early, since the race will be capped at 3,000 participants."

Notes:
*Entry fee is $30, with proceeds going towards Phillies charities...hello tax write off!

*Participants get an official Phillies 5K t-shirt and 2 tickets to the on-deck series against the Pirates in late March.

5 comments:

furiousBall said...

sweet, I'm in

GM-Carson said...

I thought you might be, since you've been training and all. 5K will be a breeze for you.

My sister has been training for a marathon too, so she might do it.

Joseph said...

Well I guess I will need to start trainng today. Gives me a reason to get less fat.

Is team We Should Be GMs going to be wearing team shirts?

Joseph said...

Welp, it's sold out so I guess I will just jog in place for 27 minutes in the parking lot.

GM-Carson said...

If a handful of us register to run this, I will definitely consider designing a WSBGMs shirt for the occasion.