Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Q&A- Genevieve (New Phillies Ball Girl)

Genevieve Haney is the newest Phillies Ball Girl, as she became such by winning an online poll, for which she marketed herself quite well. WSBGMs was luckly enough to get in some quality time with this cutie to ask some questions I'm sure you're all dying to know the answers to. Enjoy...

1. What did you do to celebrate after becoming the newest Phillies Ball Girl?
It is a continuous celebration for me, I don’t think it has really sunk in that I won, but after I found out I won I was stressing over the 2 weeks of work I missed because I spent every other minute marketing out to every possible person, group, and company I could. I ended up just going out in the city that weekend with some close friends and some co-workers.

2. Who is your favorite Phillies player?
You mean besides the Phanatic right? He hands down has my vote, and I can’t explain why I just have some weird obsession with Mascots. As far as a player, Utley is my favorite. His defensive plays are awesome, he turns great double plays, he has a sick backhand flip, and over all he is just clutch. Defense has always been my thing, so I respect the athleticism of all his plays.

3. You're in a movie about softball "How Do You Know", starring Reese Witherspoon. What's it all about, how much of a role do you play, and did you get to talk with Reese at all?
Well, to make a long story short, it is a love comedy and Reese is an All-American softball player who is cut for a younger, blonder girl. Paul Rudd, and Owen Wilson also find themselves in life crises and the questions they ask themselves are “How do you know” when you are in love, luck, trouble….. all the above.
I am Reese’s Olympic teammate, and I guess I will find out if I make the cut this Friday when it comes out. We spent about a week and a half with Reese and she is one of my favorite actresses so all in all it was an unbelievable experience. I filmed a movie as a softball player, and I am now a Ball girl. I can die a happy girl.

4. How badly do you want to get on Baseball Tonight's snagging a Web Gem?
That would be awesome, I kept telling my friends that I imagined jumping off the chair catching a line drive and falling into the stands. Highly doubtful that would happen, but hey...you never know. I need to practice fielding baseballs for sure, they will be coming down the line a lot quicker then what I am used to and I don’t plan on getting out of the way unless I have to.

5. You come from a family of 5 brothers/sisters (including yourself), how was it growing up in your house?
There are 5 of us total, I am the only girl and I have 3 older brothers and 1 younger. Besides not being able to date, or even talk to a guy until I was about 21, it was great. I learned how to have tough skin, protect myself, and how to play every sport (better then all my brothers...Ha). I grew up around sports, every family holiday consisted of wiffle ball, football, street hockey, and runing the bases. And the fact that my mom made me wear a dress to these functions, didn’t faze me. I think by the time I put a hole in my 15th dress my mom gave up, and I could wear what I wanted. My brothers, parents and the rest of my family are definitely my biggest supporters and where I am today, is because of them.

6. What perks are there with the distinction of being a Phillies Ball Girl?
Besides having the best seat in the house, dancing on the dugout, and being at Citizens Bank Park a lot more than a usual fan, I will be meeting and working with people that I might not even have had the chance to. I have recently been involving myself with community service around the area and the overall feeling of helping people is great.

7. Anyway way you can get two GMs into a game for free (myself and Corey)?

Let me see what the inside scoop is, if not...Will Villanova Basketball be a good substitute? HA

8. How much training is there and/or do you anticipate for your upcoming gig shagging foul balls down the right or leftfield lines?
Probably a lot more then I expect...I don’t want to be the girl that touches a fair ball and then just messes up everything in the game. That is not cool at all. There will be a lot of rules as to what we can and can’t do as far as fielding and I want to be able to get out there as much as possible, so I want to do everything right.

9. Other than Phillies baseball, what else excites you?
That’s a simple question...The Eagles beating the Cowboys last night, DeSean Jackson falling backwards into the end zone, oh the Eagles and the Flyers. I have really gotten into snowboarding so I plan on making that a part of my winter routine as much as possible. Besides that, I have the best seat in the house for Villanova basketball games as I sit mid-court at the scorer’s table running the game from media time outs to promotions and presentations. Doing that in front of almost 20,000 fans is a bit exciting as well.
Non sport related things would be being a beach bum, sleeping when I have the time and if I am not doing any of those? I am probably out dancing or making a complete fool of myself.

8 comments:

Dr. Steve said...

Two days ago, she would be the newest Phillies addition I cared the most about.

maine mariner said...

Congratulations Genevieve. Here's to a great season.

Bob D said...

Can you get a 3rd ticket for a Phillies game for me? (I voted for you) ;)

Sir said...

Congratulations Genevieve!


Here is the Andy Martino Speedo Video.
Enjoy!

http://www.sportsgrid.com/mlb/keith-olbermann-andy-martino-cliff-lee-video/

GM-Carson said...

Martino is a huge douche, and he just got douchery. Thanks for the link Sir Alden, I just emailed it to Corey. Hopefully he has something in the works for a post on the matter.

ripjgarcia said...

3PM Lee press conference live on MLB.com if anyone cares.

GM-Carson said...

From the mouth of Cliff Lee- "I think the ‑ how do you put it ‑ intensity that you can feel when you get in the game. You can feel the volume. Every game has got an elevated feel to it compared to everywhere else. It's completely different. I don't know what the fans do to create that much more volume and excitement in the stadium, but it's definitely something extra here. I don't know what it is, but it's something they're doing. They get excited. They're passionate fans. They understand what's going on. They don't need a teleprompter to tell them to get up and cheer, to do that. No, it's exciting. It's an historic town. I didn't realize until I got here how interesting the city is. My family really liked it. I mean, that played a big part in it."

Preserve Jon said...

Oh, it get's better: Nats gave Werth a full no trade clause.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/12/15/AR2010121506670.html?hpid=topnews&sid=ST2010121507078