Thursday, October 07, 2010

Philly Marketing Campaign

Pennsylvania has launched a new marketing campaign for its premiere city of Philadelphia.

Can't blame P'friggin'A for attempting to cash in on the Phillies success. After all the Phils tv ratings have jumped up 16% from the 2009 season and have gone up for the 8th straight year in a row (thanks for emailing us Comcast Sports Net!). I like their sales pitch, but marketing Halladay alone as a chance to witness history in the making might work better.

Thoughts:
*The Big 3 are the key to this series and the entire postseason, but the health of Polanco ranks a close 2nd. He transforms the lineup into a much better one when he's in it. Yesterday's lineup would have looked like this-
1. Victorino/CF
2. Polanco/3B
3. Utley/2B
4. Howard/1B
5. Werth/RF
6. Ibanez/LF
7. Rollins/SS
8. Ruiz/C
Don't get me wrong, Valdez is not horrible...I mean we could have David Bell there instead (yikes!). But Polly is the prototypical 2-hole hitter and dropping the gimpy J-Roll in the order is a good and right thing.

*It still hasn't sunk in just how amazing the no-hitter was by Halladay. Only the 2nd man to do it in the postseason and it's his 2nd one this season too. Before yesterday, I would have said- unbelievable. Now I say- believe!

*Wonder how long Oswalt will keep the Reds hitless on Friday. Just imagine if it's the 4th inning and they still haven't gotten a base-knock yet in the series...hello panic mode.

*Reds shortstop Orlando Cabrera is a bitter bitch- "It was a bad combination with John (Hirschbeck) back there. He gave him every single pitch. A guy like Halladay feeds off that. It makes it nearly impossible with a guy like that. He can hit every single corner, and he was low in the zone. He and the umpire threw a no-hitter. Another umpire and another zone, he wouldn't have been able to throw a game like that. Basically, he was getting every pitch. We had no chance." He must get along with Scott Rolen so well, considering their both on the left side of the infield and whiny bawl baby pissy pants.

11 comments:

GM-Carson said...

Dammit, shutout again-
NLCS Ticket Purchase Opportunity

Thank you for registering for a chance to purchase tickets for the Phillies postseason. Unfortunately your entry was not selected for our online National League Championship Series (NLCS) sale.

Should World Series tickets be made available, you are automatically eligible for those random drawings. Additionally, you remain eligible for any potential NLCS second chance sales. Winners for potential World Series or NLCS second chance ticket sales will be notified via the e-mail address submitted on the phillies.com Postseason Ticket Opportunity form.

Thank you again for your participation.

Matty said...

Cabrera's words show the kind of person he is. Enough said.

Preserve Jon said...

How bout Vic being the Phillies all time postseason hits leader?

Bob D said...

Larson's '56 perfect game was followed up by 9 innings of shutout ball by Bob Turley. I wonder if Oswalt will do the same, but win the game (Dodgers won 1-0 in 10innings in '56).

Cabrera was the only one to whine. But who cares what he thinks. Can't wait to see the reaction Friday to him in Philly. Muwhahahaha!

Hmmm, how come I did not recieve the NLCS ticket email yet? I hope I can get them!

GM-Carson said...

Screw Orlando Cabrera. Have fun losing in the first round of the playoffs you lil' bitch. The umpire called strikes/balls the same for both sides. It's like when managers/players complain about "cheap" homeruns at Citizens Bank. Your team bats there too dumbass!

ripjgarcia said...

This is some really good stuff here.

Pitch F/X From Roy Halladay's No-No Backs Umpire Over Orlando Cabrera

Check out all the little blue links. Some really neat stuff.

GM-Carson said...

I hope one of Cabrera's teammates told him to shut the fuck up.

Anonymous said...

First off I want to say great blog! I had a quick question that I'd like to ask if you do not mind. I was curious to know how you center yourself and clear your thoughts before writing. I have had difficulty clearing my mind in getting my thoughts out. I do enjoy writing however it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are generally wasted simply just trying to figure out how to begin. Any recommendations or tips? Thank you!

My website ... increase twitter followers free

Anonymous said...

aaafx I have been browsing online more than 2 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours.
It is pretty worth enough for me. Personally, if all web owners and bloggers made good content
as you did, the net will be a lot more useful than ever before.


my page: aaa fx

Anonymous said...

It is perfect time to make some plans for the future and
it is time to be happy. I have read this post and if I could
I want to suggest you few interesting things or tips. Maybe you
could write next articles referring to this article.
I desire to read more things about it!

my weblog: without admin access or 900 likes to photos/blog/status/etc in 24 hours

Anonymous said...

I pay a visit everyday a few web sites and blogs to read articles or reviews, however this weblog presents quality based
articles.

my blog post; binary options forex