Saturday, October 09, 2010

E-asy Does It


6 errors, 9 walks, 3 hit batsmen, and 2 wild pitches. Ugly game, ugly win, but a win nonetheless. Phils now 1 game away from the NLCS. E-asy does it, I suppose.

*Both the winning (Jose Contreras) and losing (Aroldis Chapman) pitcher were from Cuba.

*Brad Lidge converted his 11th straight postseason save opportunity.

*Chase Utley is unsure if the pitch hit him or not, "I'm not sure. It was pretty close. At first, I thought it was going to hit me in my head. Fortunately, it didn't. And he throws so hard. I felt like I thought it hit me, so I put my head down and I ran to first."


*Picture stolen from one of our Facebook friends.

4 comments:

ripjgarcia said...

BTW Carson. All I was saying is that I've seen the umpires with hair triggers when it comes to throwing people out of games the last couple of seasons. To have 3 managers thrown out in 8 playoff games says alot. You would think that they might have a little bit more leniency (not really the word I'm looking for) in the postseason. I just wonder if its attention seeking behavior, or whether its justice.

Corey said...

or just shitty umpiring.

mlb needs instant replay.

SirAlden said...

mlb needs to rate and not offer contracts to the bottom 5% of umpires in the league each year, based on accuracy and ability not to show ego.

GM-Carson said...

That picture I stole is fun, but seriously who the hell wants to be Wilson Valdez?