To Do List:
1. Clinch the division and home field advantage.
2. Getting Jimmy Rollins 15-20 at bats before the playoffs.
3. Allow JC Romero to pitch in some tight situations against lefties.
4. Move Valdez to 3rd for a few games when J-Roll is back in the lineup to give Polly a much needed break for that busted elbow.
5. Get Schneider behind the plate, Chooch could use some R&R.
6. Gload, Francisco, and Sweeney need some ABs.
Is today the day to clinch? Braves at Washington in the afternoon (1:05)- Derek Lowe vs. Yunesky Maya. Wouldn't it be great to see the young Cuban defector pick up his 1st MLB win today? Tonight in Philly (7:05) Dillon Gee vs. Kyle Kendrick. Some how, some way, KK gets wins.
*I love the Phillies and Chase Utley is my favorite player, but that slide was unnecessary and dirty. If he gets hit tomorrow in the back, he should just trot down to 1st and let bygones be bygones. No need for retaliation from the Phils or a bench clearing brawl. Be smart, the Mets have nothing to lose but the Phillies have everything to lose with the playoffs lurking.
*The Mets pinch runner timeout call in the 9th while Lidge was in the stretch was just silly. Lidge said, "That's an interesting freeze-the-kicker type move, I guess. I actually haven't seen that done in baseball. Hopefully that won't be a trend. Hopefully that's a once-in-a-blue-moon kind of thing." Whatever, it didn't work. Mets suck.
*Riding an 11 game winning streak the Phillies currently own the best record in baseball 93-61. My preseason prediction of 98 victories might happen after all.
*Pedro Feliz may be the worst player in the Majors this season. That's funny, I actually remember some people on other blogs saying that letting him go and signing Polly was a mistake. Idiots.
*The Pirates lost their 100th game of the season yesterday. Pathetic.