It’s time for everyone to take a deep breath. Yes, they’ve lost three in a row to the mediocre Astros, but the team doesn’t suck. They’ll win more games. I know it’s hard, but look at all the positives:
1) They are only 2.5 games behind the Braves.
2) They are .001 percentage points ahead of the Giants.
3) The Braves and Giants are playing as poorly as the Phillies.
4) The Phils have Kyle Kendrick pitching this afternoon, which pretty much ensures victory.
5) Scott Barry will be gone after today.
6) The team can't hit like this forever. Ryan Howard is 3-20 since coming off of the DL. He won't hit .150 the rest of the season.
7) It's very unlikely that another runner gets picked-off today.
8) With Chase Utley back, Wilson Valdez is 20% less likely to hit into a double play.
9) The Phils still have two series left with the Mets, so that's at least 4 wins right there.
Today's game - birthday boy KK (8-6, 4.58) vs. Wandy Rodriguez (9-12, 4.00)