Saturday, May 01, 2010

Saturday Stuff

I don't think there is any need to recap the game last night. We all saw what happened. Let's all try to forget and enjoy Roy Halladay today. So, in other news...

Lee
Seven innings. Three hits. Zero runs. Zero walks. Eight Ks. Three hours of me crying when I read the box score this morning.

Madson
"I was a little upset and went downstairs to cool off and I slipped on the (stairs) on the way down and that just set me off. There was a chair at the end of the stairs. I tried to kick it over and I caught my toe underneath the chair instead of on top… bad timing for sure."

I hope his toe falls off. Maybe it will be good luck. Ronnie Lot lost part of his pinky finger and he had a Hall of Fame footall career, maybe a partial toe amputation will kick start the closing career of the next Mo Rivera, because you know who isn't closing games for the Phillies right now...

Lidge
Charlie Manuel - “Lidge needs work.” Yeah, I'd say so.

Polanco
The little third baseman with the giant head has certainly cooled off. He is 6 for his last 45.

Baez
Biggest bullpen disappointment? Baez is 0-1 with a 9.00 ERA. Granted, I don't have his BABIP or HR:FB numbers, so maybe he's just a little unlucky like Cole Hamels.

Aumont
Frenchy made BaseballAmerica.com's Prospect Hot Sheet this week after a good start for Reading. I'm sure this makes the Cliff Lee trade all worth it now. Bask in the HotSheet glow you trade apologists.

Link It
Interesting read on BaseballAmerica.com [again] about the Lakewood Blue Claws. Read it, yo.

7 comments:

GM-Carson said...

Wonder if Pelfrey keeps his ERA sparking against the Phils this afternoon. He's off to a great start this season.

Aaron said...

Why is Roy Halladay still pitching in the 8t?????

It's 10-0.......use your head Charlie, Halladay gets hurt and our season is over.

Aaron said...

Why is Halladay pitching the 9th.
complete games and shutouts are nice.......but this is just stupid!!

Bob D said...

It was to keep Baez from entering and allowing another 6 runs in 2/3 of an inning

Andrew said...

Some people want to go to the zoo with Roy. Me? Well I want to go to bed with Roy. Yeah, you heard me.

Mets suck.

GM-Carson said...

Retards go to the zoo with Roy.

Roy Halladay got the shutout because Roy Halladay wanted the shutout. His voice/choice is more important than Charlie's.

ripjgarcia said...

Likin the Dead Milkmen reference Carson.