Monday, May 31, 2010

Piano Man - Milt Thompson Remix

It's nine o'clock on a Saturday
The regular crowd leaves the stands
There's an old man standing next to me
Makin' love to his pants with his hands

He says, "Son, can you teach them to hit a curve
Take and hack and ‘Back she goes’
You know I could really swing a mean stick
When I wore a younger man's clothes."

La la la, di da da
La la, di da da da dum

Teach them to hit, you’re the hitting coach
Teach them to hit tonight
Well, we're all in the mood for some hits and runs
But this team ain’t feelin' alright

Now Mick in the ‘pen he’s a friend of mine
Knows every pitch thrown by Marquis
He likes when they whine cuz he’s stealin’ their sign
But there's someplace that he'd rather be

He says, "Milt, I believe this is killing me."
He’s been grumpy the entire home stand
"Well I'm sure that I could get a hit or two
If I had a bat in my hand"

Oh, la la la, di da da
La la, di da da da dum

It's a pretty good crowd for a Saturday
And the manager gives me a smile
'Cause he knows it’s not me why they swing like amputee
Says the hits will come in awhile

And the swings, it sounds like a ceiling fan
Whiff after whiff after whiff
I should be concerned, I found out that they learned
Hitting from a video with Fred McGriff

Oh, la la la, di da da
La la, di da da da dum

Teach them to hit, you’re the hitting coach
Teach them to hit tonight
Well, we're all in the mood for some hits and runs
But this team ain’t feelin' alright

13 comments:

GM-Carson said...

Corey, you're out doing yourself lately. Thanks for easing the pain of the Phils offensive failures through song.

Lydia said...

Hi, nice blog & good post. You have beautifully maintained it, you must try this website which really helps to increase your traffic. hope u have a wonderful day & awaiting for more new post. Keep Blogging!

ripjgarcia said...

Spam..it's whats for dinner.

Andrew said...

thats an excellent one! love it!

SirAlden said...

Do you think Lydia might want to marry me for a Green Card and path
to Citizenship?

Andrew said...

2 hits through 6. 2 GIDP. 2 E. Good game so far....

~ said...

I haven't been this moved in years.

-Scott

GM-Carson said...

I currently hate the Phillies.

ripjgarcia said...

13 left on base, 2 errors.. Blanton bad..

What's Jimmy's status anyway?

Preserve Jon said...

No doubt about it, this is bad baseball we haven't seen since the Larry Bowa era.

Simply not playing well. The starting pitching was due for a clunker, so I almost can't blame Blanton.

A first ball fastball to a dead fastball hitter? Way to go Durbin.

To put a positive spin on it, recall that the Yankees played extremely poorly for a good portion of the year during Torre's second to last year. They bounced back to make the playoffs just fine. It is hard to watch right now, but lets keep the phaith!

Preserve Jon said...

I just read what I wrote. Geezus! I apologize for the sickening pun.

Andrew said...

On a positive note... 2 months down and Lidge is having another perfect season..........

Anonymous said...

http://cardiffmiller.com/pubs/buyvalium/#50463 valium 60s - blue valium side effects