Saturday, May 29, 2010

Oh No He Didn't!

Thank you Roy Halladay. Thank you for winning your 7th game of the season. Thank you for being a true ace. Thank you for knocking Kevin Millwood off the title of "last Phillie to pitch a no hitter". Halladay's perfect performance over the Marlins tonight was pure awesomeness. The Phils didn't give him much wiggle room, as a Cameron Maybin error led to the lone run, but Doc scoffed it off and put 27 Florida batters down in a row. 9 innings, 11 strike outs, no hits, no walks, no errors, no hit batsman. That my friends is perfect. I am in awe.

12 comments:

GM-Carson said...

20th perfect game in MLB history, 2nd in the Phils history (Senator Jim Bunning with the other).

Bloodstripes said...

"tonight was pure awesomeness"


LOL!! Shit yeah.

Well Doc. Woooooooo!!

Corey said...

i was so nervous for that last out. i don't know why. i feel kind of stupid for being nervous but whatever...

hey, anybody gonna mention that these bastards still can't score runs?

GM-Carson said...

I did mention their lack of scoring in the post. Thank goodness for that Maybin error or Halladay would have been out there for the 10th inning trying to keep the no-no going.

Corey- I was nervous too, that's part of the fun of the game.

Corey said...

oh yeah, and if he wouldn't have thrown all those pitched in the last few games maybe he would have struck out more...

GM-Carson said...

True, 27 k's would have been better than a measly 11.

Bloodstripes said...

Good thing Castro played. Dobbs blows them plays he made

SirAlden said...

When I was 10 years old I was at Shea
with my Father on Fathers Day.

Roy Halladay for Senator.

Andrew said...

Damn it! I live outside of broadcasting area, so it wasn't on tv. And I decided to watch a movie instead of following the boxscore! I missed it!! Either way, amazing!

ripjgarcia said...

Stat of tomorrow:

Jamie Moyer's WHIP is the same as The Freak's at 1.12.

GM-Carson said...

Yeah, but I'm willing to put money on Timmy Lincecum having a better season than Grand Pappy.

furiousBall said...

amazing stuff