Thursday, April 22, 2010

Dear Roy

My beer's gone warm I'm wondering why I,
got out of bed at all.
The morning rain clouds up my window,
and I can't see at all.
And even if I could it'd all be gray,
without your baseball card on my wall.
It reminds me, that it's not so bad,
it's not so bad.

Dear Roy,
I wrote but you still ain't callin,
I left my cell, my pager, and my home phone at the bottom.
I sent two letters back in autumn, you must notta got 'em.
There probably was a problem at the post office or something.
Sometimes I scribble addresses too sloppy when I jot 'em,
but anyways; screw it, what's been up man? How's your arm?
Anyways, I hope you get this man, hit me back,
Just to chat, truly yours, your biggest fan,
This is Carson

My beer's gone warm I'm wondering why I,
got out of bed at all.
The morning rain clouds up my window,
and I can't see at all.
And even if I could it'd all be gray,
without your baseball card on my wall.
It reminds me, that it's not so bad,
it's not so bad.

Dear Roy,
You still ain't called or wrote, I hope you have a chance,
I ain't mad, I just think it's messed up you don't answer fans.
If you didn't wanna talk to me outside the stadium,
You didn't have to, but you coulda signed an autograph for Collier.
That's my oldest son man, he's only 2 and a half years old.
We waited in the blistering sun for you,
four hours and you just said, "No."
That's pretty shitty man, you're like his baseball idol.
He wants to be just like you man, he likes you more than I do.
You gotta call me man, I'll be the biggest fan you'll ever lose.
Sincerely yours, Carson
P.S. We should be together too.

My beer's gone warm I'm wondering why I,
got out of bed at all.
The morning rain clouds up my window,
and I can't see at all.
And even if I could it'd all be gray,
without your baseball card on my wall.
It reminds me, that it's not so bad,
it's not so bad.

Dear Mister-I'm-Too-Good-To-Call-Or-Write-My-Fans,
This'll be the last package I ever send your ass.
It's been six months and still no word, I don't deserve it?
I know you got my last two letters,
I wrote the addresses on 'em perfect.
I hope you know I ripped all of your baseball cards off the wall.
I love you Roy, we coulda been together, think about it.
You ruined it now, I hope you can't sleep and you dream about it.
And when you dream I hope you can't sleep and you scream about it.
I hope your conscience eats at you and you can't breathe without me.
Well, I gotta go, almost at the bridge now.
Oh shit, I forgot!
How am I supposed to send this shit out?

My beer's gone warm I'm wondering why I,
got out of bed at all.
The morning rain clouds up my window,
and I can't see at all.
And even if I could it'd all be gray,
without your baseball card on my wall.
It reminds me, that it's not so bad,
it's not so bad.

9 comments:

GM-Carson said...

Andrew- you were the Name That Phillie contest winner. Please email us you full name and address and choose a shirt from Birdland/Fightins that you would like or you can hold out for a WSBGMs t-shirt which should be coming out sometime in May hopefully.

Also, by now I'm sure people have seen Zolecki's eerie observation that both Doc and Lee had identical 4-0 records and 0.82 ERAs after 4 starts with the Phils. Weird.

Zac said...

Whoa. Just. Wow. Are you okay there GiM Shady? Should I call 911? Or maybe the bullpen?

Hahahaha... props for keeping verse 3 essentially untouched.

When does the underground mixtape drop?

GM-Carson said...

Corey and I are thinking of doing an unplugged version. Him on the accoustic gitter and me on vox. We'll YouTube it and have it become a Philsville phenomenon.

Andrew said...

Sweet! I'll email you

Preserve Jon said...

Put me down for, "I don't get it."

GM-Carson said...

Preserve Jon- I'm overly obsessed with Roy Halladay, like "Stan" from the Eminem song.

ripjgarcia said...

Roy is better.. hands down.. When that ball was hit last night and Shane pulled it in you could just see him go "Wow.. I fucked that up" and was just completely ready to move on to the next batter.

It's kinda like watching a really good poker player who got whacked for a ton of chips and realizes he/she still has more in front of them and plays as if that had never happened.

Wish Cole could do that.

Andrew said...

If I were Mac from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, I would not only write a love letter to Utley (that goes without saying), but I would now write one to Roy as well.

"I'm sure our relationship would be a real homerun!"

SirAlden said...

Congratulations Andrew!