Friday, March 26, 2010

5th Starter, Ailing Ex-Phils & Werth's Woman

Have it be known that 1/2 of WSBGMs endorses Kyle Kendrick for the 5th spot in the Phillies rotation this season. I'm not sure exactly when I started liking KK and turning my back on Grand Pappy Moyer, but it happened and there's no turning back now. Kendrick has done everything right this spring: 19.2 ip, 12 h, 4 bb, 7 k, 1.37 ERA. Meanwhile Moyer has pitched decently himself racking up a 3.86 ERA in 4 spring games. For many reasons I think the Phils go with Moyer in the rotation with Kendrick going to relief, but I don't have to agree with it. Don't get me wrong, I'll root for Moyer, the dude is a day older than dirt after all, but I just don't have confidence in him anymore.
__________________________________________________

In Need of a Rubdown:
The obnoxious Brett Myers faced the Phils yesterday, but had his afternoon come to a quick halt as he was covering 1st base and hurt himself. He was removed from the game, but says that "It wasn't painful enough to where I was like `Oh, this could be something serious.' I knew it was kind of minor, and I didn't want to risk it because we're so close to the season. It could be a week, but I don't know. We'll see how it feels tomorrow."

Elsewhere Cliff Lee is hurting. Not only has Lee been suspended 5 games to start the season, but he's also ailing from an abdominal strain. A DL stint to start the season seems likely.
__________________________________________________

Keeping Up with the Kardashians?
Matthew Berry of ESPN.com made some bold preseason MLB predictions and he believes Jayson Werth and his bodacious beard are going to hook up with one of those thick-assed Kardashians.
Kourtney Kardashian starts dating a baseball player. His team wins the World Series. Just for fun, I'll say it's Jayson Werth.

10 comments:

furiousBall said...

I read that Brett's tramp stamp on his wrist is fine

GM-Carson said...

I will miss Bretty's wrist tat. Maybe Corey and I will run a poll to see which Phillie you'd like to see Photoshopped with a tramp stamp on the wrist.

Corey said...

1/2 of WSBGMs endorses KK for the 5th spot. since i'm the other half, that means i don't. please tell me who i do endorse, i'm dying to know.

GM-Carson said...

I didn't want to speak for you Corey. If you too endorse KK, then by all means preach it brotha!

Preserve Jon said...

Corey, I say you should go with Jeff Juden.

GM-Carson said...

Or Chad Ogea.

GM-Carson said...

From MLBTR:
"The Phillies are looking to add starting pitching, but aren't eager to guarantee anyone roster spot, according to David Murphy of the Philadelphia Daily News. Ideally, the Phillies would find an out-of-options pitcher or someone who has an out clause in his contract.

"If a player like that comes available, we'll have our eyes and ears open on it,'' Phillies GM Ruben Amaro Jr. said.

Amaro says pitching depth is a concern for the Phillies, so he's looking to find some. Boof Bonser and Dana Eveland are out-of-options arms the Phillies could consider. They haven't been linked to the recently-released Chad Gaudin so far.

The Phillies will also look for bullpen depth, writes Murphy. The Brewers recently released Scott Schoeneweis, though Amaro would probably not guarantee the left-hander a job."

They also mention that the BoSox released lefty Brian Shouse and the Phils might take a look at him.

I'm all for getting guys with MLB experience on the cheap and stashing them in Triple A in case of emergency. Gaudin is worth a look in my opinion because he can miss bats and start or relieve.

Jamie said...

Jayson Werth is married, is he not?

Amanda said...

I'm pretty sure Jayson Werth's married. And he has kids. Maybe he's pulling a Tigers Woods?

מרטין בוקסדורף said...

מחזור משכנתא
ביטוח
תואר ראשון
משרד פרסום
עיסוי בחיפה