Monday, January 11, 2010

Myers & Condrey Got the Hook Up

Brett Myers hooked up with Houston. 1 year commitment for $5M with a mutual option for 2011. Is he a good fit? Not sure, but I am sure that current Astros GM and former-Phils GM Ed Wade loves bringing in ex-Phillies (see- Pedro Feliz, Jason Michaels, Geoff Geary, Michael Bourn, Chris Coste, Matt Kata, David Newhan, Tomas Perez, Randy Wolf, Rick White). No word yet if he's coaxing Jose Mesa, David Bell, or Doug Glanville out of retirement. I'm not a Brett Myers fan, sue me. I'm predicting a league-leading surrendered homerun total from him if he's healthy and makes 30 starts in 2010. But for those of you that are Brett Myers fans, a reliable source has revealed to me that he will be on this year's WSBGMs Hall of Fame ballot (which is soon to be released).

Clay Condrey hooked up with Minnesota. I'm sad to see him go, but if the Phils offered him arbitration, he could have easily commanded more than $1M, which is too much for the 6/7th pitcher in a bullpen. I just hope Clay doesn't become a popsicle in the new open air stadium set to open for the Twins this season, because April nights in the Twin Cities can be tit bit nipply.

5 comments:

furiousBall said...

little known fact: clay condrey has no nipples

Bob D said...

FuriousBall, LMAO! Myers was decently good pitcher yet very frustrating as he could have been even better. Condrey actually was a good pitcher.

GM-Carson said...

Condrey served his purpose. Doubtful he'd have succeeded in the set-up role, but he did well usually when called upon.

I'm really worried about this season's bullpen and 5th starter. I don't trust Moyer or Kendrick, and Lidge is a question mark regardless of health and JC is still hurting. Rube needs to work some magic.

Anonymous said...

I'm really inspired with your writing abilities as neatly as with the layout to your blog. Is that this a paid subject or did you customize it yourself? Anyway keep up the excellent quality writing, it is rare to peer a nice blog like this one nowadays..

Also visit my website; repair iphone

Anonymous said...

I have been browsing on-line greater thаn 3 hours as
of lаtе, yet I never diѕcovereԁ any іnteresting article liκe yours.
It's lovely price sufficient for me. In my opinion, if all site owners and bloggers made excellent content as you probably did, the web shall be much more useful than ever before.

My weblog iphonerepairkl.my