Sunday, January 17, 2010

Jose Offerman- Dominican Gangster

Phillies fans would like to forget Jose Offerman because of his horrendous 2005 season with the club. The only good thing he did for the Phils was take an errant pickoff throw from LaTroy Hawkins off of his helmet in Chicago that lead to the winning run. Offerman did have some success on the baseball diamond though, as he was able to stick around for 15 seasons and collect 1500+ hits. Of course, he also committed 79 errors at SS in a span of only 2 seasons (only 20 less than Jimmy Rollins has made his entire career). Well, Jose Offerman is back in the news. About 2 and a half years ago he went psycho on pitcher with a bat playing independent ball, and now he's coaching in the Dominican winter league and punched an umpire in the neck. This dude is straight up gangster. Get this guy some counseling.


9 comments:

Andrew said...

seems like a real stand up dude.

GM-Carson said...

Not only should he be in jail, he should be have a lifetime ban from the game of baseball.

Bob D said...

is he a freeagent? As a former Phillie, I'm sure Ed Wade would be interested in making him an Astro this year.

Jay said...

Great blog you have here. I like reading sports blogs. You get more from them than the regular news. I can't take regular news anymore.

I have a couple of sports blogs myself. I know you probably haven't come across it because theres definitely over a million of us out there. I'd like to exchange links with you to help spread some traffic around between each other. Let me know if this is possible. Both my links are below my name. Until then, keep up the good work.

Jason
SportsSoundOff.net
SPORTSMONARCH.com

SEXY said...

hello........................................

ripjgarcia said...

Side note: It was the ejection of former (although shortlived) Phillie Ronny Paulino that caused the tirade.

Offerman's own team shoulda let him get torn up by the Bluefish in the bat incident. Baseball has unwritten rules, and I'm sure thats right behind gambling,and I guess now steroids. Nathan's is still not right and has a lawsuit against Offerman in the millions.

Offerman just got off probation in October, or I imagine he might be facing some US jailtime for this incident

Andrew said...

banned for life in the DR. I think arrested too.

Bob D said...

yeah he was banned for life and will not likely ever play or manage in baseball ever again.

GM-Carson said...

That's some serious anger issues he has.