Watching preseason games, 100+ regular season games, the NLDS, and the NLCS and then not tuning in for the World Series may seem a bit odd to some. Borderline stupid, maybe. But I have my reasons. And I've numbered them below...
1. Fox television. I'm not sure what is worse, Tim McCarver or the constant barrage of plugs for other shows on Fox.
2. The Andy Pettitte closeups. We've been looking at Pettitte's menacing glare, stubble and oversized nostrils since the Yankees became post season staples in the late nineties. But now, with the addition of high definition television, the constant zoom on Pettitte's face seems even more irritating.
3. Time. Some of the games are lasting almost 4 hours. With an eight o'clock starting time, that puts the end near midnight. Why waste the time and the sleep when ESPNEWS can recap the game in thirty seconds.
4. Nothing good can can happen tonight. Even if the Phillies win tonight they have to play again tomorrow. So you could not watch and not really miss anything. I'm just going to tune in tomorrow night and if the I miss the Yankees winning the World Series, I'm definitely okay with that.
5. TV options. There is a new "Criminal Minds" on tonight. And I have like five episodes of "Three Sheets" to watch on the DVR. I've also been recording all the shows Fox has been plugging during the Series and they sound awesome so I should probably watch those instead.