Sunday, October 11, 2009

Who's Up for a Snowball Fight?


Too Cold + Too Snowy = Rescheduled Game 3 of NLDS
"I think when I got up this morning kind of early I walked downstairs and I walked outside, it was pretty cold," Manuel said. "It was snowing. And somebody told me it was 17 degrees. And I thought to myself, 'Well, how much can it warm up today?' And the smart guy that I am, I said, 'Well, it's probably going to get to 20.' So I figured it might be a little bit too cold to play baseball."

With an extra day of rest, Charlie Manuel decided to go with JA Happ tonight in Colorado (10:07 first pitch). Happ threw a 4-hit shutout when he faced the Rockies earlier this season, so this seems to be a wise decision. Monday's game time still isn't determined, although it'll have to be a day game because game 5 is in Philly (if necessary) on Tuesday. Lee will be pitching tomorrow, with Hamels slotted for Tuesday. Meaning the Phils are sending nothing but lefties to the mound against the Rox, something they struggled with during the regular season. Jason Hammel counters for Colorado, where he had a 5.73 home ERA in 2009.

~Carson

23 comments:

GM-Carson said...

I'm heading to Philly today to see the Eagles and Buccaneers. Hopefully they win to kickoff the day the right way and the Phils continue to pitch in to that effect tonight.

Aaron said...

Ruck the Fockies.

LETS GO BOYS!!!!!

Amanda said...

Cliff Lee is like Buddy the Elf when he throws snowballs.

Andrew said...

ha, red sox swept. papelbon blows a save! love it.

Dr. Steve said...

All these snow pictures confuse me greatly. But GO PHILS!

Aaron said...

I got a real bad feeling about this game.

Aaron said...

Happ looks like shit tonight.

Andrew said...

CY Hammel with his 4.5 ERA. Looks like he's been consulting with Cy Redding. God damn mediocre pitchers. I swear Adam Eaton could shut out the Phils lineup.

Andrew said...

Nice, 4th inning looking good

Aaron said...

Why the Fuck is blanton hitting right now???????!!!!!!!!

God damnit charlie!!!!

Aaron said...

what the fuck.....Eyre breaks his fucking leg trying to field a bunt????

Fuck.

Andrew said...

what an exhausting game

GM-Carson said...

How the hell did they even win that game?

SirAlden said...

Bottom of the 9th.

6-5 Phillies
2:02 am

Brad Lidge coming in.

Aaron said...

I can't believe they won that game. I had that gut feeling all day long that today was going to suck.

And do my eyes deceive me or did they actually win that game with two things I havent seen all year.....
a sac fly and a brad lidge save???????

I'm exhausted, ive been sweating like baked ham in Oprah's kitchen for the last 4 hours.

SirAlden said...

And Brad Lidge is Pinapple Glaze Aaron.

Pinapple Glaze.

GM-Carson said...

Holy crap, I woke up around 2 o'clock, checked the score and just assumed the game was over. That was a crazy long game.

GM-Carson said...

Just read the game recap, wow.

Jim said...

It can snow this time of year in Philly too. Anyway

Go Phillies!

GM-Carson said...

I don't remember snow in Philly or Central PA for that matter in October before.

Jim said...

Go Phillies!

Philadelphia: 2.1 inches on October 10, 1979. http://www.erh.noaa.gov/phi/climate/recsAndNormals/xml/KPHL_recsAndNorms.xml

Tobyhanna, PA 14 inches October 28, 2008!

GM-Carson said...

Jim, neither Corey or myself were born that early. We were each born later that same year (1979) in that same month (October).

Jim said...

I am always reminded by my father that I was born around when the Phillies won their first world series: October 19, 1980. Sorry about making that off topic post. I am a weather buff.