Thursday, October 29, 2009

Awesome Game by UtLee


Based on the title of this post, you may have been lead to believe I don't know how to spell my own favorite player's name (Chase Utley), but indeed I do. See, I was being creative with the combination of last night's heroes Utley and Cliff Lee, hence UtLee. Wow, I'm so damn innovative I can hardly stand it. Okay, enough with the silly play on names, let's get down to business.

*Chase Utley's 2 homerun night was awesome. He was hitless off of CC Sabathia before those solo jacks. Utley also set a MLB playoff record last night by reaching base safely in his 26th consecutive postseason game.

*Cliff Lee wasn't nervous, wasn't intimidated, in fact he was downright superb in his complete game win over the heralded Yankees in Game 1. With his amazing effort last night, he pushed his 2009 postseason totals up to 3 wins in 4 starts, with 2 complete games, 33.1 innings pitched with 30 k's and a minuscule 0.54 ERA.

*A-Fraud, who was scorching hot heading into this series, was silenced at the plate going without a hit and being struck out 3 times. Don't worry, I'm sure Kate Hudson will give you a pep talk.

*Entering the game, J-Roll had zero walks in 40 at bats. Last night he coaxed his first walk off of Hughes in the 8th.

*18 of the last 21 World Series champions have won Game 1 of the Series...so we've got that going for us, which is nice.

*Game 2 scheduled for the same time and the same place with AJ Burnett going for the Yanks while Pedro Martinez takes the ball for the Phils. Taking a 2-0 series lead and heading home to Philly would be incredible, and I think Pedro is the right man for the job.

~Carson

8 comments:

Reverend Paul Revere said...

CC is unstoppable ... Cliff Lee and Chase Utley that is.

Preserve Jon said...

Those darned Daily News copy writers checked your website and stole your headline.

GM-Carson said...

Wait, what? I've unintentionally had titles of my posts be like paper's headlines before. I can honestly say that I don't read any of the papers or blogs before I do my posts. I don't have time to do that until later in the day.

GM-Carson said...

I just checked, and indeed the Daily News' David Murphy titled his entry today "Ut-Lee". Oh well, I chalk it up to great minds think alike.

Exploding Penguin said...

My favorite txt to send out to my Yanks fans last night: unbeLEEvable!

SirAlden said...

3 to go for Whitey.

GM-Carson said...

For Whitey? What about Harry?

GM-Carson said...

Game 2 Lineup:
1. Jimmy Rollins, SS
2. Shane Victorino, CF
3. Chase Utley, 2B
4. Ryan Howard, 1B
5. Jayson Werth, RF
6. Raul Ibanez, LF
7. Matt Stairs, DH
8. Pedro Feliz, 3B
9. Carlos Ruiz, C

*I'd rather see Dobbs than Stairs, but whatever.