Welcome to round 3 of WSBGM's Power Rankings. Remember, the rankings are based on who we have the most confidence in at the time of the rankings. Overall talent and past performances will bias the rankings slightly, but the goal is to provide a snapshot of who's excelling currently and who is pitching like Brad Lidge (aka- horrible).
1. Utley- Harry said it best, "Chase Utley, you are the man!"
2. Werth- ugly swing, big results.
3. Howard- August and September is his time of year.
4. Ibanez- look who's starting to hit again.
5. Victorino- seems a bit lackadaisical lately.
6. Rollins- leadoff batter's on base % still below .300.
7. Ruiz- all aboard the Cooch-Cooch train!
8. Francisco- perfect 4th outfielder, thanks Cleveland.
9. Feliz- lousy .689 OPS, should Phils pick up his $5M 2010 option?
10. Stairs- looking like a PH threat again.
11. Bako- we could have Paulino, Jaramillo, or Coste instead.
Not Enough Time- Dobbs, Cairo, Bruntlett, Tracy, Mayberry, Hoover.
1. Lee- 7 wins with a 2.65 ERA in 10 starts as a Phillie.
2. Hamels- is primed for another run of postseason dominance.
3. Blanton- sturdy and consistent.
4. Happ- stupid injury derailed would-be rookie of the year award.
5. Martinez- honestly, the entire rotation is good right now.
6. Moyer- since "demotion" has lowered ERA by nearly half a run.
1. Madson- setup master, closing disaster.
2. Walker- husky sweater is 2nd best option because of injuries.
3. Condrey- welcome back Jars of Clay.
4. Kendrick- effective spot start and relief work since return.
5. Escalona- might be LOOGY come playoff time by default.
6. Durbin- walks too many batters.
7. Drummer from Def Leppard's phantom arm.
8. Lidge- still sucks.
Injured- Myers, Romero, Eyre, Ho Park, Taschner.
*Last chance to enter the Coin That Phrase Contest this week. Winner will be announced Friday.