Wednesday, September 23, 2009

And Then There Were 5


With the split of yesterday's doubleheader the Phillies have reduced their magic number to 5 games. I figured they'd win one of the games, but not the one they won. The offense touched up the better pitcher Josh Johnson in Game 1 and sputtered out against the high-ERA'd Anibal Sanchez in Game 2. Each game featured quality starting efforts by the Phils pitchers though, Blanton- 7 ip, 2 h, 2 bb, 0 r, 9 k, and Moyer- 7 ip, 9 h, 1 bb, 3 r, 5 k.

To go to 4 today the Phils have the favorable match-up of Cole Hamels against Rick VandenHurk. Let's wrap this thing up as quickly as possible and just worry about getting healthy for the playoffs.

Remember to enter your favorite sports related phrase/quote in the Coin That Phrase Contest.

~Carson

7 comments:

Dr. Steve said...

Which phrase, exactly, are we adding to that site? Space Cadet?

Andrew said...

nice with the Burrell picture

GM-Carson said...

I have a dream that Burrell returns to the Phils in 2012 as a LF/1B/PH (aka- bench player) for a 1 year $1M contract.

Preserve Jon said...

Am I the only one that actually gave my computer screen a high five? I'm running on less than four hours of sleep and found it entirely amusing. I almost felt as if I was compelled to follow the instructions

GM-Carson said...

Preserve John- I too gave the monitor a high-five. My family just welcomed child #2 into the fold, so I'm running on very little sleep as well.

yuenglinglager said...

I too share that same dream of pat the bat returning, we can only hope!

Preserve Jon said...

Congrats man!