The Power Rankings are back for round two. Remember, the rankings are based on who we have the most confidence in at the time of the rankings. Overall talent and past performances will bias the rankings slightly, but the goal is to provide a snapshot of who's excelling currently and who is playing like Eric Bruntlett.
1. Ryan Howard - He sucks.
2. Jimmy Rollins - Continues second half, Howard-like resurgence.
3. Jayson Werth - Homer binge gets him in the top three.
4. Chase Utley - Steady. Waiting for a surge.
5. Shane Victorino - Top five? No questions asked.
6. Ben Francisco - Ninth inning double moves him above Pedro.
7. Pedro Feliz - Why not?
8. Raul Ibanez - Has yet to recover from injury. Or is he just old?
9. Paul Bako - Two homers almost not believable.
10. Miguel Cairo - Hasn't played enough to gain or lose confidence.
12. Matt Stairs - Moon shots not getting past the second baseman.
13. Ted Kennedy - more likely to get on base than...
14. Eric Bruntlett - I don't care if he had three hits in one game.
Injured - Greg Dobbs.
1. Cliff Lee - Two unearned runs almost cost him the top spot.
2. JA Happ - New nickname: JA Rule.
3. Joe Blanton - Heavy B coming up big.
4. Cole Hamels - Eight scoreless not enough to bump Heavy B.
5. Pedro Martinez - Barely holding off Moyer.
1. Ryan Madson - Solid...when he's not closing.
2. Chan Ho Park - Next in line for the closers chance?
3. Scott Eyre - LOOGY.
4. Jamie Moyer - Long relief master.
5. Tyler Walker - Good work in place of the injured regulars.
6. Jim Abbott...throwing from the right.
7. Brad Lidge - Maybe he was just tired working for the fourth day in a row?
8. Rodrigo Lopez - Whoopdi.
9. Kyle Kendrick - Doo.
DL'd - Romero, Durbin, Condrey, Myers.