Sunday, August 30, 2009

Trip to the Minors


Last night I finally made my way to Baseball Town, USA. There was a double header scheduled between the Reading Phillies and Bowie Baysox. Brett Myers started game 1, going 2 innings, giving up an inside-the-park homerun, and only topping out at 88-89 mph on his fastball. Then the rains came and canceled the games. Not all was lost though, as I got to meet some of the players and talk baseball with manager Steve Roadcap.

Manager Steve Roadcap & Me

Freddy Galvis & Ozzie Chavez


Scott Mathieson & Vance Worley


Big Leagues:
Cliff Lee pitched poorly, but it didn't matter because the Phillies offense continues to putter around. Situational hitting is a lost art with this team, as they're built upon the long ball. Without homeruns, comes little run support. Look at last night, 11 hits, only 1 run. The lone run coming on a Chase Utley bomb. I'm not going to get too worked up about it right now, because they still hold a 7 game lead, with the chance of increasing that tonight with a win on the ESPN Sunday Night Game of the Week. Yeah Joe Morgan!!!

~Carson

5 comments:

Aaron said...

Carson where did you get that sweet 1980 shirt with the old school scoreboard schmidt face????

I got's to have me one of those!

GM-Carson said...

Got it from the Fightins/Birdland t-shirt shop. I think it's only $15.

whodoesheplayfor said...

I almost included Galvis & Chavez on my blog until I realized they were actual players on a baseball field.

Jay Ballz said...

Roadcap is a stone cold gangsta! Constant ice grill on that guy. Gotta love it.

伊凡姐姐 said...

酒店打工

酒店兼職

台北酒店

打工兼差

酒店工作

酒店經紀

禮服店

酒店兼差

酒店上班

酒店PT

酒店

酒店喝酒

酒店消費

喝花酒

粉味