Monday, August 31, 2009

Return of the Golden Girls

So I’m doing a fantasy football draft yesterday and while I’m waiting my turn to draft a player nobody would take until at least three rounds later, I caught a Subway commercial featuring Ryan Howard that I never saw before. But it wasn’t just any old Subway commercial. It was Golden! View for yourself.


It turns out that the video was posted to YouTube by TheFightins.com and they did a post about it on the 26th, so I’m not breaking any news here, but did you catch the song? None other than the theme song by the Golden Girls, “Thank You For Being A Friend” by Andrew Gold. The same Golden Girls whose presence on this blog months ago resulted in a prolonged winning streak by the Phils.

Has anybody noticed what has happened to Ryan Howard since this commercial started airing? The guy is a monster now and he even hit a homer off of a lefty last week.

Bea Arthur may be dead, but she and all of the other wrinkled old G-Girls are still working their magic on the ’09 Phils. I say we take advantage of this phenomenon. So, GTFO Betty White, Brad Lidge needs some mojo.



Corey

14 comments:

Dr. Steve said...

You may have just doomed one of the remaining Golden Girls to death.

Aaron said...

That commercial is F'ing terrible and I can't believe subway is still using that retarted ass clown Jared.

Dr. Steve said...

He's been gaining weight.

Dr. Steve said...

Also, did you see how much FUN Ryan and Jared were having? Apparently something was hilarious in the sandwich too, because Ryan points it out and Jared busts out laughing.

GM-Carson said...

Aaron- do you realize you spelled the word "retarded" "retarted"?

Gold Girls Power!!!

Jeremy said...

I am I dreaming or did Brad Lidge have (2) 1,2,3 inning saves this weekend. Dare I dream.

Aaron said...

Momma says stupid is as stupid does.

Anonymous said...

It's fantastic that you are getting ideas from this paragraph as well as from our dialogue made here.

my site glutenfreie Essensweise
Also see my site: GlutenfreidiƤt

Anonymous said...

Have you ever considered publishing an e-book or guest authoring on other websites?
I have a blog centered on the same topics you discuss and
would really like to have you share some stories/information.
I know my audience would enjoy your work. If you are even remotely interested, feel free to send me an email.



My webpage ... wordpress template professional

Anonymous said...

Having read this I believed it was really enlightening. I appreciate you finding the
time and energy to put this short article together.
I once again find myself spending a lot of time both reading
and posting comments. But so what, it was still worth it!


my web blog; kanzlei steuerberater

Anonymous said...

With havin so much content do you ever run
into any problems of plagorism or copyright violation? My blog has a lot
of unique content I've either authored myself or outsourced but it appears a lot of it is popping it up all over the web without my permission. Do you know any techniques to help protect against content from being ripped off? I'd certainly appreciate it.


Feel free to visit my blog: Health

Anonymous said...

Hi, i think that i saw you visited my blog thus i came to “return the favor”.
I am attempting to find things to improve my website!
I suppose its ok to use a few of your ideas!!

Also visit my web-site: wordpress video training

Anonymous said...

I could not refrain from commenting. Very well
written!

Also visit my page - paleo diƤt erfahrung

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I could have sworn I've been to this web site before but after looking at a few of the posts I realized it's
new to me. Regardless, I'm certainly pleased I stumbled upon it and I'll be book-marking
it and checking back regularly!

my website :: Anlageberater in Wiesbaden