Brad Lidge and his mole came back last night. He gave up 2 runs on 2 hits and two walks and only got a single out. It's not looking good. Brad Lidge is so bad...
...How bad is he?
Well, he's so bad, that:
- Jose Mesa just bought a new red glove.
- Lee Thomas now thinks Wayne Gomes was a pretty good draft pick.
- The Phils have invited Heathcliff Slocum, Roger McDowell and Jeff Brantley to a workout.
- His performance is more nauseating than the Blue Jays throwback uniforms.
- Ruben Amaro has inquired about the availability of Joel Hanrahan.
- A fan was overheard saying, "Whatever happened to Mark Leiter?"
- Billy Wagner seems like less of an asshole.
Lucky for us, we don't have to wait until 8:00 before the fate of the game is decided. Today we'll know the Phils are going to lose by 2:00.
JA Happ goes for the Phis while Brad Mills makes his second career start. You may remember him from his first career start, when the Phils jumped on him for 4 runs in 3.2 innings. Of course, the Jays won the game 8-7. I see similar events happening today.
On a positive note, Jimmy Rollins should be back in the lineup today and the Blue Jays likely won't wear those horrific blue unis. So we've got that going for us, which is nice.