Wednesday, May 06, 2009

No Chance Tonight...

Tonight is the Phillies first visit to Government Bailout Citi Field, which is nice and kind of historic. But what isn't nice is the pitching matchup. Mut ace "Darth" Santana has never lost to the Phillies while the champs counter with Chan Ho Park and his 8+ ERA.

This game could get ugly quick. I'm thinking 5 run deficit by the 3rd inning which means we'll all be looking for something else to watch or do by 8:00. Here are a few suggestions:

- clean up the mess from yesterday's Cinco de Mayo celebration
- have a Seis de Mayo celebration or just get drunk without referring to the date in Spanish
- watch Season 3 of Boy Meets World on DVD
- watch Lost (damnit I wish I could quit watching that show...)
-------------------------
Bobby Scales
Congrats to the WSBGM's favorite. Scales made his MLB debut last night and collected a hit off of 2008 NL Cy Young winner Tim Lincecum. His .250 average is 39 points higher than Nunez's average in 2006, the year we campaigned for Scales to be his replacement.

Corey

14 comments:

Spencer said...

If it's any consolation - apparently the Mets can't hit it out of Citi. Of course the Phils staff may just cure that.

LynnieMac said...

To hear the broadcast crew tell it, we didn't have a chance the other night against Lohse, either. I guess that's why they play the games.

Kevin McGuire said...

I agree. Things look a little bleak for the Phillies tonight, but you never know. However, if things do get out of hand I guarantee you that I will be watching Lost at 9pm.

furiousBall said...

just wait until the 7th inning and that Mets bullpen shows up

Chris said...

We definitely have little to no chance but as Lynniemac said that is why they play the game. Johan is more than due for a bad game. And by bad game fro him I mean 4 runs in 7 IP.

Anonymous said...

"furiousBall said...

just wait until the 7th inning and that Mets bullpen shows up"



you referring to the Mets bullpen with the best ERA in the league?

Andrew said...

I think Utley should sit again tonight. He's no good against Santana and it gives him an extra day to rest his foot. Let Cairo play again to get more at-bats.

Dr. Steve said...

Which season of Boy Meets World has Corey drooling over the 93's Phillies and the pennant? That's the best season. I also like the episode where Corey's dad wakes up up at 11 PM to watch Curt Schilling pitch a no-hitter.

Man that city got Philadelphia.

Reverend Paul Revere said...

And later, you can watch South Park.

Lake Fred said...

I went to bed last night at 11:10 PM CDT, which would equate to after midnight in the Delaware Valley. The wife is out of town, so I turn on the local AM sports radio station carrying the Fox feed to fall asleep to. They go to a caller named Carson. I'm thinking, the only Carson I know is GM-Carson. Then Carson's question is "What do you think about that Phillies line-up, top to bottom?" I had to be him! I heard him in Houston, Texas!

Lake Fred said...

Come to think of it, the Carson I heard on the radio did sound like he was under the influence. More proof that our GM was celebrating Cinco de Mayo.

priceperheadoutsourcingbookie said...

Regarding the comment that ANDREW wrote:I think Utley should sit again tonight.
You got it I feel the same way.

Bob D said...

When are we gonna start the replace Cairo and 0no batting average campaign? Mayberry has had a good start in AAA, then we might see him pinch hit tonight rather than Bruntlett K with his 150 batting average.

Dan said...

Yeah, tonight was tough, but without thinking about it too much, my only comment is that we must, must, must have a better right-handed pinch hitter than Eric Bruntlett available. I don't dislike Bruntlett at all, but he isn't acceptable as the first righty off the bench. Coste is not the answer here either. We need to drop Cairo and bring up someone - really, anyone - right-handed to fill the void.

Ditto goes for Taschner, but I've expressed that opinion already here.