Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Phils Win In Grand Fashion


--------------------------
Lidge Watch
Fuqua said in the post-game presser that Lidge's unavailability last night was due to inflammation in his right knee. He had an MRI yesterday, which Fuqua said showed no structural damage.

The skipper said the Lidge was "day-to-day", but Post Game Live's Ricky Botallico isn't convinced. "You don't lay in a tube for nothing," said Ricky Bo. I'm pretty sure he was talking about the MRI machine, but either way, it sounds like Bottalico expects Lidge to miss some time. If so, we'll see how well Ryan Madson, the next Mariano Rivera, will do saving some games.
--------------------------
Romero Watch
JC Romero has sued the supplement company that makes 6-OXO Extreme, the product that resulted in Romero's positive test and suspension. He can't reduce his suspension. He'll be hard pressed to restore his reputation. But at least maybe he can recoup some cash.
--------------------------
Cooch Watch
While taking BP before the FeHams game last night, Cooch felt discomfort in his strained oblique. He didn't play in the game and will be re-evaluated today. He was scheduled to play for the R-Phils, but that appearance is uncertain.
--------------------------
Your Daily Golden Girls Fix
If you want the Phillies to win tonight, you'll watch this clip...

12 comments:

GM-Carson said...

The Power of the Golden Girls is astounding. 2 grand slams in one game...wow.

GM-Carson said...

The Nationals have played 18 games, scored 85 runs, and hit 21 homeruns. 27 of those runs and 12 of those homeruns have come in their 3 games against the Phillies. That's really bad.

Bob D said...

Good to see Rollins get a few hits, maybe now he will start hitting better. Ibanez the MVP so far? Utley and Howard have been good so far too.

The Phils may have to make changes in the pitching if they can't start putting to gether good games. Condrey's been the best so far - go figure.

furiousBall said...

Raul is one clutch bald headed muthafukah

GM-Carson said...

Raul has a Thirsty Thursday tribut coming up in his honor.

The bullpen is overtaxed, because our starting pitching isn't going nearly far enough into games.

PWHjort said...

What's up Carson,
I hope Romero's lawsuit turns out alright. I always hated the way that went down. I don't feel like he was given any sort of due process, just BAM, suspended. I have a feeling he'll have a hard time PROVING the supplement caused him to fail the drug test, but I hope he does settle or win the lawsuit.

By the way, I've currently got a project going while the Launching Pad is down. It's called Capitol Avenue Club (http://www.capitolavenueclub.com), and I intended for it to be more of a reference site, but I'm currently doing blog entries while waiting for TLP to resume normal activity.
Take it easy,

GM-Carson said...

I'm curious to see how long the Phils let Lidge be "day-to-day" without using him, while the bullpen continues to get worn out. If they think he'll be out for 5 days or so, they should just DL him for 15 and call up Tyler Walker, Mike Koplove, or Gary Majewski to help in relief for the time being.

dr. steve said...

Hey, I don't know about you, but taking Lidge out of the closer role and putting in Madson was a great move.

It was a 1 2 3 inning. Let Lidge heal, bring up someone else. I love how Madson finished. He was practically at the first base line.

GM-Carson said...

Hate to correct you, but I will. It wasn't a 1-2-3 inning, Madson gave up the bunt single. But I do agree with you, that I love how he finished out that wild game last night.

Frank said...

One cannot be encouraged that the two best Phillies pitchers- Hamels and Lidge- are hurting in April.

While it is a world championship team- it won 94 games last year- and being a .500 twenty games in makes it hard to imagine a much better number this year.

Subtract either of those two guys for a six weeks... and 88-ish comes into view real quick.

dayana said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Susan

http://onlinegamesforgirls.net

dayana said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Susan

http://onlinegamesforgirls.net