Thursday, February 05, 2009

Phillies Broadcasters Make It Super

There was a dearth of interesting shows on the television in the hours leading up to the Super Bowl last Sunday, so when I heard "Stay tuned for the Bissell Kitty Halftime Show" as I was flipping channels, I listened. To my disappointment though, as dirty as that name sounds, the show was actually a of bunch kittens. Bummer. But that disappointment was nothing compared to the shock and horror that came over me when I flipped past again and heard the great Harry Kalas doing play by play for "Puppy Bowl V." Ugh. How many bottles of scotch did they have to give Harry before he agreed to lend the golden pipes to that Animal Planet debacle.

At that point I thought the surprises were over for Super Bowl Sunday. But I was wrong. Look at what I saw the other Phillies broadcasters doing in their spare time...





Corey

9 comments:

GM-Carson said...

I always knew Wheels was a member of the E-Street band. I swear you can hear him humming "Born in the USA" sometimes on air.

GM-Carson said...

From MLBTR-
Crasnick counters the Ken Rosenthal report that the Phillies decided not to pursue Ohman. The Phillies are still talking to Odle about Ohman, but don't have much more than $1MM to spend unless they move a contract.

*I like Stairs and Coste, but one or both need to go. Don't need 3 catchers or 2 lefthanded outfielders bench bats.

Amanda said...

If I knew Harry was calling the Puppy Bowl I would have watched that over the Super Bowl. Anything to hear that mans voice. Imagine the pooper scooper call: "And that poop's OUTTA HERE!"

GM-Carson said...

Apparently the Phils are giving fat boy Andruw Jones consideration as a bench player.

NE Phillies Phan said...

Andruw Jones + Pats Steaks = BAD IDEA


Still, I wouldn't mind seeing him as a ST invite/minor-league deal. I doubt he'll take it though...outside of my 09 video game roster.

Bob D said...

Andruw Jones = little risk, high reward. Why not Manny on a minor league contract, no one else is signing him.

Cash for Gold LOL

Too many catchers and lefthanded bench bats, is a good problem to go thru spring training and let their play sort it out. Also good just incase of an injury

GM-Carson said...

I foresee Coste getting the shaft again and going to Lehigh Valley.

gperih said...

we aren't dead yet... although last weekend in vegas/phx almost did me in!

just taking a short hiatus from blogging until spring training. let us know when that ball girls tailgate is going on and we will be in for sure!

Jay Ballz said...

I would love to see Sarge in some Hammer pants!!