Sunday, February 08, 2009

He's the DJ, I'm the Rapper


DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince:
Parents Just Don't Understand
You know parents are the same,
No matter time nor place.
They don't understand that us kids,
Are going to make some mistakes.
So to you other kids all across the land,
There's no need to argue,
Parents just don't understand.


Snoop Doggy Dogg:
Gin & Juice
With so much drama in the L-B-C,
It's kinda hard being Snoop D-O-double-G.
But I, somehow, some way,
Keep coming up with funky ass sh*t like every single day.
And I'll be...
Rolling down the street, smokin indo, sipping on gin and juice.
Laid back, with my mind on my money and my money on my mind.

Jermaine Dupree:
Money Ain't A Thang
Get more burnin' than a candle,
Too hot to hold, too much to handle.
In the black C low, he know if she look,
She go bye-bye with da-da,
And I ain't gotta say no more.
I'm the truth like A-I,
Got the proof and stay fly,
In the safest sh*t you could never buy.
Know why? Cuz I write the songs,
That the whole world sing,
I don't know 'bout ya'll,
But every night I swing.
In the Ferrari, a Jaguar, switchin' four lanes.
With the top down screaming out,
Money ain't a thang!

~Carson

8 comments:

GM-Carson said...

Fresh Prince and Snoop had tons of songs to choose from, but I almost felt guilty lumping that no-talent ass-clown Jermaine Dupree in with them...he had like 2 "hits" ever.

GM-Carson said...

Holy hell, check out Rube go- From MLBTR-
Phillies Agree To 3-Year Deal With Howard
By Nat Boyle [February 8 at 11:14am CST]
Jim Salisbury of the Philadelphia Inquirer reports the Phillies have agreed to a 3-year, $54MM deal with Ryan Howard today.

This meets Howard's record arbitration submission of $18MM. The Phillies had submitted $14MM but apparently are fine paying the extra $4MM for the next three years. The two parties would've gone before an arbitration panel sometime in the coming week.

This buys out Howard for the remainder of his arbitration-eligible period, through 2011. As of now, it's unclear how the contract breaks down.

goDuke said...

15 mil, 19 mil, 20 mil

Burton said...

I enjoy baseball as much as the next guy, but it is really depressing how much money these guys make for playing a game. There are people who are working three jobs just to make end meet. And we call these a-holes heroes!

GM-Carson said...

They're entertainers, and entertainers get paid.

Jay Ballz said...

You underestimate JD. Perhaps not a top level recording artist, but surely he's an elite hip hop producer.

But woah...rappers rockin' Phils stuff. That's kinda familiar.

joe said...

hmm i read another rappers in phils-wear article from 2/7....on another blogger blog......do you guys only recycle other people's ideas....or do you think of your own too?

GM-Carson said...

Fuck you Joe.