Friday, October 17, 2008

Saturday Poll

This is the calm before the storm. A nice weekend to watch some football, soccer or ALCS games, drink a few beers, and just relax before the gut-wrenching, knuckle-whitening madness of the World Series hits on Wednesday. It's a relaxing time for WSBGM's bloggers too, because we don't even have a series to preview yet. So, in the nature of laziness relaxation, I bring back the Saturday Poll to get some reader opinions on some not-so-pressing issues.

Since the Phils demolished the too young, too inexperienced, too many excuses Dodgers, I think the "Hollywood" sign should be taken down and replaced with a more appropriate Philadelphia themed sign. Here are a few of my ideas, which is the best option?

Which Sign?
Philly Owned

Simple one here: which team would rather see the Phillies play in the World Series?

Preferred Opponent
Red Sox



ripjgarcia said...

Wow.. The Rays are off to a tremendous lead. Popular opinion in my neck off the woods, though not my opinion, is that people would rather plays the Sox.

furiousBall said...

i'd rather play the sox, just for the storied franchise angle and i think boston is the most philly city in the US

GM-Carson said...

I'm back in the blogsphere bitches! I moved and finally have internet access.

ripjgarcia said...

Simers is a douche: Its over and he still can't let it go... an excerpt from his latest column:

"SEVERAL DODGERS fans e-mailed complaining about the fan experience in the stadium for Game 4.

"I am not sure I will take my son to another Dodger game any time soon," wrote Ken Gowey. "It makes me absolutely ashamed to be a Dodger fan."

I was afraid of this, knowing some folks born in Philly have probably moved here and become Dodgers fans over the years.

The thing is, you just can't take the Angryville out of them, which obviously explains all the problems in Dodger Stadium."

what a jackass.

GM-Carson said...

Glad to see "Philly Owned" take the lead after all the baseball aficionados counted out the Phils and they totally dominated those fairy princesses from LA.

SirAlden said...

Revenge for 1915.

Red Sox.

The Boston Games were not played in Fenway - but in the Braves Stadium it was bigger.

Each loss was by 1 run.

Maria said...

The Rays are trying to do their best Mets impersonation. There will be a game 7 tomorrow. King Cole may be right after all.

Linking Your own site

LynnieMac said...

There needs to be a third option for the question of who would I prefer the Phillies to face. Where's the "I don't care. Just let the damn thing start."

GM-Carson said...

Nice job on that link Maria, I'll probably use it in today's post.