Sunday, October 26, 2008

Bedtimes & Bedpans

In case your local newspaper went into print before the game was over, the Phillies won 5-4 and took a 2-1 series lead. The game started an hour and a half late due to mother nature, and wrapped up somewhere around 2 am. I'm glad I had the sense to take an afternoon nap, otherwise I had been asleep because that's way past my bedtime. Also past the elderly Jamie Moyer's bedtime too, at least that's impression Fox put me under. I believe I counted his age referenced 37 times during the telecast. They made it seem that he needed a bedpan under the dugout bench between innings for crying out loud. Side note, I almost pissed myself in the 9th inning, so it sounds like I'm the one who needs the bedpan.



Game 3 Checklist:
*Blown call that could have cost the Phils the game (Crawford was out at 1st base, ended up being 2 extra runs for the Rays).
*Back-to-back bombs by Utley and Howard.
*Applause to the Philly Phans for mocking stud rookie Evan Longoria with the "Eva" chants. I wish Eva was playing 3rd for the Rays, she's got a much better ass.
*Dumbass baserunning from Jayson Werth.
*Vintage Grand Pappy Moyer.
*Carlos Ruiz continued transformation from Wiki Gonzalez into Pudge Rodriguez.
*Masterful relief appearance by JC Romero.
*5 infielders for Tampa Bay- 1st baseman, 2nd baseman, shortstop, 3rd baseman, and stand-directly-behind-the-pitcher-on-top-of-2nd-base fielder.
*Critical E-2's (1 by Ruiz, 1 by Navarro).
*More fruitlessness with men in scoring position.
*Hits for J-Roll, still no hits for Burrell.
*Production from unexpected source- Eric Bruntlett.

Cliche alert...a win is a win. However, that win was freakin' awesome! The Phillies are now just 2 wins shy of being World Series champions. Hold up, let me reverse it, and play it backwards like Judas Priest first did- snoipmahc seireS dlroW. Yeah, that's right, party time is inching closer.



Joe Blanton takes the ball for the Phils tonight against Andy Sonnastine and the Rays. Today is a huge day in Philly, Eagles game at the Linc at 1, the Who concert in the Spectrum around 7:30, and the Phils game at the Brick Cit House at 8:30. Needless to say, the atmosphere will be electric.

~Carson

32 comments:

ripjgarcia said...

Best result of last nights game besides the Phils win:

I got tons of excercise; must have paced 5 miles.

GM-Carson said...

I really wish these games started at 7:05. It's difficult to wake up and go to work the next day.

GM-Carson said...

More "reverse logic" Judas Priest style- the Phils won it all in '80, now it's '08. Time for another championship!

Bob D said...

It was a rollercoaster of a ride last night. But in the end the one could have been the goat also became the hero (Ruiz).

Time to put the Rays on the brink of elimination tonight so Monday Hamels can crush the Rays totally!

JMS said...

Seriously, would you have believed that Carlos Ruiz would RBI Eric Bruntlett in for a World Series win? It's insanity.

I'll be there tonight and tomorrow. I have vomiting butterflies in my stomach already.

njh723 said...

jesus, joe buck, try to contain your excitement when the phils get a walkoff win in the world series. what a douche.

love the blog, by the way

Rich Baxter said...

This game should have never been played, I am glad the Phillies did win, but it was should have been called.

Check out my story at my blog:

http://www.fightinphillies.com/2008/10/hunt-for-mr-october-for-phillies-now-up.html

Los said...

How huge would a win tonight be? My god! I'm not sure how i'd react!

SirAlden said...

Go Joe Blanton!

Aaron said...

The Phils offense really should break out tonight against Sonnastine. This offense is long over due to unload on somebody.

dr. steve said...

Tampa Bay scores runs by moving the runner over = Playing the right way, playing smallball.

Phillies have a chance to score Rollins by moving the runner over = A CHANCE AT A CHEAP RUN

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THIS NATIONAL MEDIA

GM-Carson said...

McCarver is a dick for suggesting any run by the Phils is cheap, but that actually was a cheap run due to the umps blowing yet another call. This time J-Roll was clearly out, Longoria had his mitt up his rump!

ripjgarcia said...

McCarverism of the day:

"Station to station"

GM-Carson said...

Joe Buck actually had a funny line before the game. He said if he had Harry Kalas' voice, he'd just sit around all day at home and talk to himself.

Howard bomb, yeah baby!

Hinkse bomb, boo!

ripjgarcia said...

Are you kidding me? Joe Blanton HR!

Amazing.

Maria said...

Joe Blanton just went deep! somebody pinch me!

GM-Carson said...

Pat Burrell is as bad as I've ever seen him. Thank God the Phils are winning 6-2, or Philly might just want to crucify the Bat.

GM-Carson said...

Thank to Chad Durbin for the months of April through July, but why in the hell is he allowed to pitch still?

GM-Carson said...

On the brink of winning game 4 and being 1 win short of World Series champs...I truly can't believe this is happening, I'm loving it!

ripjgarcia said...

How good has Madson been... just incredible the way he's pitching.

ripjgarcia said...

This is an unbelievable game.

njh723 said...

im really glad we have geoff jenkins. it seems like every time someone scores hes right at the steps to congratulate them

i cant believe this is happening, i wont be able to sleep tonight if we win

dr. steve said...

Phillies win. First thing Joe Buck says - "SO THE MESSAGE FOR TAMPA IS CLEAR - FIND SOME WAY TO WIN THE NEXT GAME TO SEND IT BACK TO TAMPA"

Why does Fox do this to us?

SirAlden said...

" Let's Put Another One In The WIN Column For The Phightin' Phils!!! "

One More To Go.

njh723 said...

at least no one put in a plug for House when they were interviewing jroll...

caple, law, kurkjian, neyer, woj, klapisch, keri, hope you guys at espn kept your day jobs

Dan said...

Yeah, FOX is insane. I mean, it's just hilarious and embarrassing when they do those plugs for their crappy shows during post-game interviews. I don't know if anyone caught the interview after Game 4, but the 'tard put in a good word for "Fringe". What the hell is "Fringe"? At least most people have heard of the show "House", right?

Also, FOX wants Tampa to win, obviously, because FOX wants this series to go on for about 2000 games, because that's what they need to equal the average viewership/ratings for a Cubs/Yankees series...lol. I love to see the big corporate baseball entities fail...kind of sick, but it gives me a warm feeling deep in my heart.

Eva Longoria is just astoundingly hot. I could not be more excited to see her on the WSBGM homepage.

And, last but FAR from least...amazing game tonight. Some frustrating moments in the early going, but...a HUGE hit by Happy Pete. And Howard's 3-run dinger was the play of the game, hands-down, ESPECIALLY coming on the heels of a tough Utley strikeout. Blanton looked like Cy Young against Longoria/Pena. And Madson threw a STUNNING changeup to Upton with a 3-2 count, 2 outs, and 2 guys on base. That was definitely the pitch of the game for the Phightin's.

Omg, the ESPN-heads are kissing David Price's rear end again. Sweet lord. He didn't even pitch tonight! Oy vey.

I hope Cole can do it tomorrow night. I believe. You gotta believe, guys...you gotta believe.

Especially when you're calling on the dead to help you out. God, I love Philadelphia:
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2008/news/story?id=3665882

SirAlden said...

Joe Blanton is now 6-0 with the Phillies.

Bob D said...

Magic # down to 1 !!!!!!

All anyone needs to do to get rid of the bad game calling/ bias just turn on the Phillies radio broadcast with the TV on. I think I would rather have Harry call out "The Phillies Win! The Phillies Win! They are the World Champions!"

Aaron said...

Is anybody upset about the Joe Blanton trade now?

Aaron said...

If the Phils win it all. My sleeper pick for World Series MVP is Ryan Madson.

I am in shock after game 4. I am in disbelief that they are actually 1 win away.
I've been dreaming about this since 1982 when I was 7. That's the first year I started watching baseball.

The first Phillies game I ever saw was in 82. Mike Schmidt hit a 3 run walk off homer against the Padres. Ever since that moment i've been hooked. 26 years later, I am living in San Diego and the Phils are one win away.

ONE.

GM-Carson said...

Just one more...

rhcjr2 said...

Love the "Brick Cit House" you guys are great, keep up the great work, I also want to suggest a roadkill the Mets after our inevitable victory. Nothing better than crushing our bastard brothers to the north.