Sunday, June 08, 2008

Brooms Hit The NL East

The Phils have an off day, so we have an extra day savor the sweep of the Braves. Enjoy two of my favorite plays from the weekend.




--------------------------
Chris Snelling
Snelling has two hits this year separated by 2 months - a 9th inning homer in a 4-3 win over the Astros and a 10th inning double in a 4-3 win over the Braves. Could Snelling help the Phils on a more consistent basis? I don't know, but I'd like to see him get more of a chance. I drafted a post a few weeks ago about my disdain for So Taguchi and my hope that somebody would take his place. He then went out and had 3 hits against the Rockies and I scrapped the piece. But unless Taguchi breaks out of his funk, I'm going to be calling for Snelling to be that person to replace So.
--------------------------
Mets 30-32
Not be overlooked this weekend is the Padres 4 game sweep of the Mets. And the icing on this cupcake - The Rat gave up a 3-run homer in the 8th when the Mets were holding a lead. Beautiful.

Corey

15 comments:

Skeeter said...

13 games over .500

Mets are reeeeeeeling

This is insanity!!!

LynnieMac said...

Was able to switch over to the Mets/Padres game after first watching the Phillies sweep then the IronPigs 10th inning win. How really, really beautiful it was to watch Willie Randolph go to Billy Wagner for the 4-out save, only to watch him serve up a Tony Clark 3-run homer. I love it.

furiousBall said...

texeira hit the shit out of that ball, but yeah. we still won . haha

Gonzo said...

Can you see me? I'm dancing in the streets.

BloodStripes said...

It's getting better all the time.

GM-Carson said...

Phillies fans don't know what to do, we're not used to being able to feel this happy in June. But damn it feels good to be a gangsta!

That throw from Vic to nail Blanco at the plate is a perfection, he's amazing in CF.

GM-Carson said...

Phils currently have the 4th best record in baseball according to winning percentage at 39-26 for which is .600 ball. The Cubs, BoSox, and Angels are only slightly better. The BoSox and Angels are on the Phils dumbass Interleague scheduel too.

GM-Carson said...

I did a little Anti-Mets post over on Morehardball.

http://morehardball.blogspot.com

Stephanie Grace said...

Sweet weekend. The Mets getting swept by the Padres was the icing on the cake.

It's always great when The Rat blows one for them.

Jacobin said...

Things are going great for the Phillies! Woo-hoo!

...not so great for me. I'm in tropical Harrisburg for most of this week for my work. What the hell is there to do around here?

Los said...

Unbelieveable weekend ... great job by the Phils ... and great job by the Muts, too.

GM-Carson said...

Corey and I live in the Harrisburg area Jacobin, not much to do besides take in a Senators game and visit one of the many bars/pubs.

Jacobin said...

Senators are out of town this week. I guess that leaves drinking (and using the wastebaskets at the hotels as coolers).

Corey said...

i recommend McGrath's Pub on Locust just off of 2nd St. or Appalachian Brewing on Cameron St. for a good pint of beer. a pub crawl down 2nd street is always fun too, as long as you avoid the wine bars...

GreggyD said...

You could always make the drive to Lancaster and catch a Barnstormers game...