Saturday, May 10, 2008

He's Back!


Jimmy Rollins rolled into San Fran, deposited himself in the starting lineup in his customary leadoff spot, and promptly went 3-5 with a run, double, homerun, and 3 rbi. Welcome back J-Roll, we missed ya! Jimmy's obviously a motivator, he hustles his booty off on the field, and plays with a fiery passion for the game that's contagious. I've grown accustomed to seeing him in the lineup daily and having him absent for such a long time made viewing the Phils less enjoyable. He's one of the best shortstops in the game, and I'm damn glad he's back and healthy. Hopefully his assertion as sparkplug atop the the batting order gets the Phils on a roll.
______________________________________

No Game?
For the 3rd or 4th time this season a Phillies game will not be televised in the Harrisburg area. Usually I call up Comcast and give one of their underpaid undeserving phone operators a piece of my mind, but today I won't. Why? The game isn't televised anywhere. Due to some stupid asinine Fox agreement the Phils won't be broadcast today...money grubbing whores!!!

What will we be missing? That goofy looking S.O.B. Tim Lincecum pitching against Jamie Moyer, who has recently been chosen for an episode of "Pimp My Walker"...I bet they bling that thing out with some chrome, orthopedic hand grips, and a sweet-ass pill dispenser.

~Carson

13 comments:

GM-Carson said...

Most of us have been so caught up in Chase Utley's early season awesomeness (and rightfully so), but has anyone taken notice to the gaudy numbers Lance Berkman is putting put: 38 r, 49 h, 14 dbl, 1 trpl, 12 hr, 35 rbi, 6 sb, 6 more walks than k's, .380 avg, 1.243 OPS. Yikes!

bsg said...

Carson,

Now that the game is not on t.v. and its a sat. afternoon,How about taking poll of die-hard phils fans, are you going to listen to the game on radio, mow the lawn, golf, or something else, unfortunately i have to work, can't even catch some of the game on the t.v during my break, you suck fox!!!

J-roll you are the man!!!

GM-Carson said...

Personally it's probably good that the 4:05 Phils game isn't on TV today because I have a lot of housework to do and a bit of shopping.

Oh hell, I just totally sounded like a chick.

Jacobin said...

I listen to a lot of the games on the radio, so I won't have any problem doing that again today.

Bob D said...

I listen to most of the games on the radio, and try to catch a game on the TV once or twice a week.

Berkman's number are outrageous. Burrell has cooled off, but Howard has made better contact and even has ripped a few hits (and outs) recently. Hopefully its an indicator that Howard is about to awake from his slumber.

Dan said...

Yeah, Berkman's numbers are just scary. Wow. Should have taken him for my fantasy team...I just have such a mental block against picking, ah, "rotund" players like Berkman and Carlos Lee.

I can't believe the game isn't televised. That is a pathetic display of apathy (towards the fans) and old-fashioned greed on the part of MLB and Fox. I mean, it's actually sickening to me, that baseball executives could be so disinterested in the fans that they would allow a game to go un-televised.

GM-Carson said...

My WSBGM's Phantasy League team sucks this year, also doesn't help that my internet went out for 6 rounds of it. Oh well, I'll fight 'til the end.

I wonder how much Howard will get booed upon the Phils return to Philly. He still has the next 2 games to get something going.

GM-Carson said...

More on me being an A-Hole: I'm not happy for Aaron Rowand. I dont' wish him well. And I'm sure as hell not happy he's lighting up our pitching staff. Put a fastball in his rib cage- won't hurt him because Moyer is pitching, but he'll get the message.

chuckm said...

Todays game looks over already in the 5th. I guess if your pitcher is going to have a bad outing, better it be on the days where the bats aint happening either (like Thursdays game). If they take the game tomorrow and if Ryan hits another HR (the time is now for him to step up with Utley and Burrell cooling off), I will be okay with this week.

GM-Carson said...

After calling FOX "money grubbing whores", I'd like to apologize and actually thank them for not allowing me to view today's crapfest. Shame on them for losing to the Giants, that's just ugly.

LynnieMac said...

Carson, I'll be an A-hole with you. I can't even look at Aaron Rowand anymore, and I'm tired of hearing him talk about how great a manager Charlie Manuel is and how much he liked playing for him and it's great to see all his friends, blah, blah, blah. Thanks for The Catch, Aaron. Now go cash your paycheck and shut the hell up.

BloodStripes said...

At least this is good news for the future.

J.A. Happ allowed one run in seven innings and fanned 13 for Triple-A Lehigh Valley on Friday. Even though he is 0-4 he has an impressive 2.72 ERA.

I hope Sanchez is erratic next game. Phils need to win.

furiousBall said...

J-Roll is the shit