Wednesday, April 30, 2008

This Really Bobbles My Head...

Take a look at tonight's bobblehead of Jamie Moyer (free to all attending fans). With all the modern day technology at the disposal of the media relations and marketing department you mean to tell me they couldn't create a better likeness of Grand Pappy. Seriously, they didn't even make him look old, which is probably the easiest thing besides the color of his skin to get correct. At least they do have him pitching with the left hand, so I guess not all is lost. This promotional item/giveaway is in remembrance of Moyer's fine performance on September 30th of last season to help clinch the NL East crown. Since joining the Phils in August of 2006, Jamie has won 20 games and hasn't missed a scheduled start (that's really saying something for the elder statesman of MLB). It's fitting that he pitches tonight on the day of his inception into the bobblehead kingdom. I'm rooting for you Jamie, and I hope the offense gives you something to work with...go Phils!

___________________________________

Real Writers Hate Bloggers:
Below is a video of Costas Now where Buzz Bissinger, author of Friday Night Lights, goes off on one of the dudes from DeadSpin. Basically it all boils down to Buzz being a sanctimonious pompous asshole and declaring blogs to be the filth and downfall of our great nation. Best moment, hearing Bob Costas utter "f**kface". The NOFX reminder at the bottom of the screen is classy too, love me some drugged-up punkers!

~Carson.

11 comments:

GM-Carson said...

On the subject of bobble heads, wouldn't Greg Dobbs be the perfect candidate for one? His face is so generic that it actually reminds me of one of the multi-thousand produced plastic bobbleheads.

Bob D said...

Actually I thought Jason Werth would be a prime canidate for a bobble-head. His eyes bobble in his head so much now, that his booble head figure would be a collectors item. Or make a John Kruk bobble-belly figurine.

Bloodstripes is waiting for the bobbleheads for a player from down under. (Harman, Mathieson)

furiousBall said...

if they made an anatomically correct bobble head of dave hollins, it would tip over

Dan said...

I am going to the game tonight! I will make sure to post something later regarding the accuracy of the final bobblehead product.

I think it's well past time for a Pat Burrell bobblehead. As far as I know, there's never been one given out as a promotional item at a game, and it would be a nice thing to do in what may be his last season here.

I realize the promotions schedule is probably already set, but still, it would be nice to see them squeeze it in near the end of the year.

dan

GM-Carson said...

I own a Burrell bobblehead, but it's not from a game, it was a for sale product.

Jeremy said...

Not a big fan of the Buccos but when I see them put up 13 runs againt the Muts it makes me smile. Go Phils!

GM-Carson said...

Why the hell are the Phils wearing the green caps?

GM-Carson said...

2 more errors by the Phils and The Out Machine Feliz grounds into his 7th double play on the season.

Jacobin said...

Well, at least the Flyers won tonight... when the hell is this team going to go on a winning streak?!

Dan said...

Pedro Feliz: 3 AB, 5 outs, another masterful performance.

I honestly cannot watch him anymore. I might need to yank my eyeballs out or something.

The green hats were because the Phils were "going green" at the ballpark - trying to recycle more and raise awareness of green earth movements, apparently.

Great night at the park...too bad the Phils' bats were frigid. At least the Flyers eked one out...

GM-Carson said...

After I commented about the Green Hats, the announcers started talking about the "Red to Green Initiative"...that's cool, the Earth needs some saving.