Saturday, March 15, 2008

Manuel Knows Calendars

From an article posted by Phils new beat writer David Murphy:
Kris Benson thinks he's ready to face big league hitters. Charlie Manuel and Rich Dubee aren't sure yet.

One thing both sides would agree on: If Benson continues to improve at his current rate, he could be ready to join the rotation before the start of June.

"I don't know about May," Manuel said. "I definitely think it can happen before June."
So Manuel is unsure if he'll be ready by May, but he'll definitely thinks it will be before June. What? Is there a month or two that I'm not aware of? Did somebody slide a month in between May and June when I wasn't looking?

Somebody needs to grab a camera and follow Manuel around, reality television style. If we can get gems like this in a random interview, imagine what greatness 24 hours of Manuel would yield.

Corey

11 comments:

GM-Carson said...

If that dumbass chain smoking alcholic John Daly can have a reality tv show, then surely so can Charles Fuqua Manuel.

GM-Carson said...

A big "Screw You" goes out to No-Hit Nunez who turns 32 today.

bsg said...

The T-shirt the phillies should be wearing in the clubhouse

Picture of Charlie's head
"Man Or Idiot"

"My Brain,Its like a light Bulb, it either turns on or off"

GM-Carson said...

That "light bulb" burnt out ages ago.

Jacobin said...

Wow, here's a quote from an article out of the Philly media today from none other than J.D. Durbin (0-3, 10.95 ERA):

"I look in the mirror every day," Durbin said. "I try to find myself more than anybody, I think. I lost that fire that burns inside me. I still go out there and compete 100 percent, but I don't have that over-the-top, kick-butt, Brett Myers attitude, and I think that's hurting me."

I'm sorry the guy lost his mojo or whatever the hell you want to call it, but that kind of talk is not what I want on my team.

GM-Carson said...

Based on his performance and that quote, I could care less if the Phils attempt to pass him through waivers or not.

furiousBall said...

Cholly, much like Lucky Charms is magically delicious

Maria said...

Charlie is a legally declared idiot.

Los said...

You just can't make this stuff up, can ya?

I hope this preseason funk the Phils are on stays in the preseason.

GM-Carson said...

Charlie isn't dumb, the rest of us are just really, really friggin' smart.

GreggyD said...

Holy crap a win today! Not surprisingly, Myers was on the mound and his spring ERA is now 1.64. At least we have something going for us...