Monday, December 31, 2007

Cage Match- Moyer vs. Monahan






vs.







Shane Monahan pissed Jamie Moyer off. Who is Shane Monahan? Nobody! Unless you're a real box score junky, like myself, you probably don't even remember Monahan in the late 90's. He played for the Seattle Mariners from 98-99 batting .235 over 226 at bats...like I said- Nobody! However, he's making his name infamous with the steroids scandal as he claims "that the clubhouse culture led him to use steroids and amphetamines with the hopes of lengthening his major league career." Grand Pappy Moyer, who was a member of the M's back then, is not too thrilled about these allegations- "I choose not to get involved with all of that stuff. We're all grown men of many different ages. If he's throwing people under the bus, that's his choice, but it disappoints me. I can tell you that I was there for 10 years and I never saw anyone take steroids. This will be my 20th year in the major leagues, and I don't even know what a steroid looks like. If I have to start relying on those things, after so many years in the game, then it's time to pack it in. That's the way I look at things." Later in the interview, off record, Jamie added- "If he wants to spout off about his former teammates painting a misconstrued picture, then I challenge the pussy to a cage match. I'll show him that you don't need steroids to beat someones ass." If Monahan accepts the fight, word has it that Comcast will be airing it on pay-per-view February 16th at 8 pm, with the undercard being Manuel vs. Eskin.

By the way, for future reference Jamie, here's what steroids look like.

~Carson

19 comments:

Bob D said...

Ticketmaster doesn't have the cage match listed. Where do we purchase tickets at?

SirAlden said...

Third on the Card GM Carson vs. Corey

GM-Carson said...

Me vs. Corey? Best friends duking it out...no thanks!

Although Corey did slug me one time when he was having troubles finding a bathroom and when he did he had to wait...he was pinching a loaf after a nice chinese buffet stop.

GM-Carson said...

I should have added that I was making matters worse by making fun of him in this time of desperation.

SirAlden said...

The Third on the undercard is what I would PAY to see.

GM-Carson said...

Funny thing SirAlden, I almost added you versus Benjah on the undercard.

furiousBall said...

you know guys like jamie moyer, maddux, and glavine don't get ink for being awesome athletic specimens - because well, they aren't. but there has to be something said about the conditioning or genes these guys do to have careers this long.

chuckm said...

C & C, Year end shout-out to you and yours and the WBGMS site. Bookmarked and enjoyed on a daily basis. Catch you guys in 2008 when you have a tailgate party at a game and we'll exchange cell#s in case you get chased off by 5-0 again. Thanks and Best- Chuck Meehan

SirAlden said...

Benjah will kick my ass, but I will bite off his ear.

Marc said...

Go Moyer! Fight for what's right.

Year in Review: http://raysbaseball.blogspot.com/

Bob D said...

Benjah -vs- Siralden??? hmmm

Something tells me that would be more of a joust with swords than a wrestling match.

GM-Carson said...

BobD- are you suggesting a cock battle?

Jacobin said...

Last summer we broke up a cock fighting ring in this area. Those were strange cases to prosecute, but it did allow for some backhanded remarks and colorful banter.

As for Phillies related fights I'd like to see... I'm still waiting for someone to put Lo Duca down for that fairy dance he did after hitting that home run early in the season.

SirAlden said...

"My member has been referred to as a Lance, within the Ladies Not Anymore Waiting Chamber".

"I am sure that Benjah is well met as well".

SirAlden said...

God I hope the Phillies Bean Do Luca on his first at bat as a National.

BenJah said...

happy new beers!! interesting thread today...hahha

i give siralden a hard time....no pun intended....but i wouldn't fight him. i'd rather buy him a drink, and then continue to berate him.

besides, i'm not a fighter and have never actually been in a 'real' fight. most likely, depending on the situation, i would just take it as a statement on non-violence, discipline and civil disobedience.

Jarex said...

Happy new year, you bunch of Phillies homers.

In all seriousness - discovering this blog was one of the highlights of my year on the internet. To clarify, I have a rotation of about four or five places I go every day online: ESPN, Phillyinc, NY Times are the standards; Yahoo sports depending on the season. WSBGMS has been a part of the rotation since spring. Thanks for being out there.

jarex

GM-Carson said...

As always, Corey and I appreciate any kiss-ass out there. We love doing this blog and hopefully it just continues to get bigger and better.

Tune in tomorrow, as I'm kicking the New Year off in style.

GM-Carson said...

Best NL outfield poll (70 votes):
Phils 50, Mets 16, Nats 2, Braves and Marlins 1 apiece. *Margin of error- ZERO - I'm f'n flawless!