Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Makes me cringe

The Phillies just released a statement that supposed staff ace Brett Myers, who was signed to a hefty contract extension this offseason, has been demoted to the bullpen with the intent of being used as a setup man and also as closer on days when Tom Gordon isn't available. His spot in the rotation will be filled by Donut-Eater Lieber. Wow, brilliant idea by Gillick and Manuel. Way to put your collective pea-sized brain together and come up with the obvious solution for turning this shitty season around...taking a promising young starting pitcher and waste his talent in the bullpen. Good job not panicking. To think, we actually wanted Charles Fuqua Manuel fired, this makes far more sense. Brett Myers is a talented 26-year-old with a nice arsenal of pitches, so he will most likely thrive in the bullpen, but I believe he'd thrive in the rotation too. And in the rotation is where he has more value and will lead to more wins. I'm hating Gillick so much right now, because this move is a direct side effect from him failing to address the bullpen this offseason.

And we wonder why this organization sucks?

Just when I thought things couldn't any worse, this happens. What's next we sign No-Hit Nunez to a lifetime contract? Is it too late in my life to switch allegiance?

~Carson

16 comments:

Bob D said...

Pull the trigger!

I thought you were kiddin when I read this but I went to phillies.com and read it for myself. Eaton would've been a better canidate as he held batters to a 204 BA in the 1st inning pitched.

GM-Carson said...

The Phillies organization doesn't do things logically or with sound reasoning. This is par for the course for them. Un-freakin-believable!

GM-Carson said...

I'm literally shocked. I know there were rumors of this Myers to bullpen more this offseason, but I thought it was nothing more than bullshit. I still think it's bullshit but for an entirely different reason. One of Myers major drawbacks is that he allows his emotions to get the best of him. That doesn't transcend well into pressure situation while in relief. Remind why I'm a Phils fan again...

Corey said...

fuck.

Los said...

I think we need to have a nightly Charlie Manuel - Howard Eskin segment to keep fans interested in this team ...

Bob D said...

Brett Myers is in the 8th inning. But Washington is on the verge of winning and sending the lifeless Phils to sole possesion of the basement

Bob D said...

We need a new manager! He should've let Myers hit forhimself - he is a better hitter than Nunez.

We need a new GM!
Heck, I got a $1.25 I just need a few more contributors to buy out the owners. We'll hire Carson to be GM and Corey to fight Eskin I mean manage.

Jacobin said...

I was in the studio tonight recording, so I didn't get to listen to the game or see it. I get in the car, turn on ESPN and the update is Phils lose in the 13th. I promptly yell, "FUCK!" And the CD player goes on.

I get home and read that Howard hurts himself beating out a double play in the 10th inning, but had to stay in the game because the bench had been exhausted. Our retarded manager likes to carry 12 pitchers instead of the usual 11, never mind most of the bullpen hands suck.

3-10 = worst team in all of the majors with Kansas City having won tonight. If we lose this series against Washington, there better be a new or at least interim manager for the next homestand.

AAAAAARRRRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Skeeter said...

I want that gun so I can blow out my fucking brains. And when I pull the trigger, I want Gillick near me so my brain splatters all over his new suit.

I hate everyone in the universe right now. Except all you boys on this comment section. Your pain makes my pain a little more bearable.

das411 said...

Yes, being a Phillies fan = awesome.

Can we just skip Jimy Williams and go straight to Davey Johnson now? Please??

BloodStripes said...

Another loss and now we are the worst in baseball. Our opening day starter is now the set-up man/closer. What the...? Utley and Howard have to start hitting. Man this is tough.

FIRE UP PHILS!!!!

BloodStripes said...

Nice take on Gillick and Coste yesterday Bentz. Maybe now Coste will get his call-up if Howard is injured.

GM-Carson said...

This shit just isn't funny...I'm sorry, but I've got nothing.

BloodStripes said...

The boys need a big inning. Something to pick 'em up. 6 or 8 runs. Bat around.

At least wise-man Moyer is pitching next game.

GM-Carson said...

There is so much wrong with this team right now that I don't even know what to bitch about.

I'm still shocked and pissed that Myers has been moved to the bullpen. I'm still shocked and pissed Charlie Manuel is still the manager of this team.

Dave Kingman said...

...and the asshole owners just sit back and count their $. this team needs to be boycotted.