Wednesday, April 04, 2007

I have a METHOD to my madness MAN

Readers of this blog know I have a tendency to become irritated with the Phillies to the point where I'm having a fit of rage. The anger is real, but I do over dramatize it for entertainment purposes. While I seemingly get pissed at very minor things, I do have a method for my madness.

Madness- I have placed Ryan Madson on my dead-to-me list. Method- Career Trend- Madson '04 Rookie ( 2.34 ERA .225 AVG against), '05: Pre All-Star (3.68 ERA .221 AVG against) Post All-Star (4.79 ERA .308 AVG against), '06: Pre All-Star (as starter 5.91 ERA and .313 AVG against) Post All-Star (as reliever 5.33 ERA and .337 AVG against). That is not a promising career trend, as he started high and has been free-falling ever since. Basically he was lights-out for his first year and a half, then turned into a complete turd-torpedo over the second half of his career. He has unearned my trust, and hopefully Manuel's as well.

Madness- The Phillies have a prolific offense, yet cannot manage to score a man from 3rd base with less than 2 outs and continually leave droves of runners on base. Method- 16 LOB in Monday's game. The Phillies are consistently inconsistent, and that's not my mind playing tricks on me. I know the offense will be near the top of the NL with runs scored, but how we get there is another matter. I was hoping a more balanced lineup this season would alter the trend of the past few seasons which has been- score runs in bunches where opposing pitchers can't seem to do anything right (7+ runs), then go games where situational hitting is avoided like the plague and we eek out 2 or 3 runs. Don't get me wrong, I love 7 or more runs scored a game by the Phillies, but I'd be much more content with an offense that consistently put up 4-6 runs. I still believe this year's version of the offense will reverse this pattern and develop better stability.

Alright, my intentions today were not to depress you, rather to inform you. Therefore, I feel the need to lift your spirits and get you amped up for today's upcoming victory. Cole Hamels takes the mound tonight, and this cocky young ace-in-the-making claims he should be winning 20 games this season. He possess a blistering fastball accompanied by a change-up that baffles the best of hitters. So gear up, because here comes win #1!

Method Man/Bring The Pain- I came to bring the pain hardcore from the brain. Let's go inside my astral plane. Find out my mental's, based on instrumental, records hey, so I can write monumental.

~Carson

26 comments:

BloodStripes said...

Yes....win number 1 on the way. Go King Cole go!

Thats a pretty ordinary set of teeth.

Skeeter said...

"Now I'm street talking dog walking
Approach me with caution, Oh now who you forcing
My hand rock yo cradle often I'm hot scorching
But stone cold like Steve Austin"
- M E T H O D

Skeeter said...

Hell yea boys. I hope this rain doesn't stop a W

GM-Carson said...

"What's the shit you be smokin'? Pass it over here then. Tical!"

M-E-T-H-O-D Man

GM-Carson said...

From FoxSports- The Phillies talked to Ron Villone and agent Scott Boras but passed on signing the veteran lefty reliever released last week by the Yankees, who offered Villone a minor-league deal with an out by May 1. "We have not signed the guy," Cashman said. "I know he is out there looking, that's all I can tell you."

The Pirates are in discussions with the agent for infielder Jose Hernandez, but so far they have not come to terms on a minor-league contract. If he signs, Hernandez would be assigned to Indianapolis.

The Phillies haven't had two starters win more than 30 games since 1993, when Curt Schilling (16) and Tommy Greene (16) won 32. Since then, Schilling (15) and Paul Byrd (15) won 30 in 1999, Randy Wolf (16) and Kevin Millwood (14) won 30 in 2003, and Jon Lieber (17) and Myers (13) won 30 in 2005. There hasn't been a tandem to win more than 32 since John Denny (19) and Steve Carlton (15) won 34 in 1983. There hasn't been a tandem to win more than 40 since 1980 when Carlton (24) and Dick Ruthven (17) won 41.

GM-Carson said...

The rain is supposed to persist through the day into the evening. So a delay is likely with a postponement maybe necessary.

Stupid weather!!!

goDuke said...

Damn rain.

michael said...

boo this rain.

GM-Carson said...

Rumor has it the Phils are strongly considering making an offer to St. Louis for Ricardo Rincon. Screw Villone and Rincon, I trust Matt Smith more than either of them. We don't need band-aids, we need a fix. Hell, Villone/Rincon are more like gauze, not even worthy of being considered a band-aid.

michael said...

ew Rincon? It would be an add to the Phucco list. he's 37 and just coming off tommy john surgury..uh...pass.

furiousBall said...

Rincon? I'd rather have rain than Rincon

Skeeter said...

I'd rather have herpes than Rincon

Jacobin said...

Umm... I'm going to have to go with Rincon over herpes. I'm sure there's a medication you can take to get rid of Rincon.

GM-Carson said...

Are we talking Herpes Simplex 1 or 2 here? Big difference.

Skeeter said...

Haha. A good ol' herpes conversation. Is there anything better?

Anyways, I'm off to game number 2 to root for our boys and eat dollar dogs. GO PHILS!

Maria said...

King Cole will get us win #1.

Maria said...

And the rain needs to not come back.

GM-Carson said...

Regardless of baseball, I hate wind. I'm not a freakin' windmill or pollen blowing around looking to pollinate so I have no purpose for it. That stupid wind cost Chase Utley a 1st inning homerun. I hate wind!!!

Why is Hamels "fastball" topping out at 88 mph while his "change-up" is 84?

Wes Helms needs to stop throwing into the dirt...c'mon now!

Los said...

They haven't been very good at scoring runners in scoring position for years now, have they? Do we have stats on this, and where the Phils rank?

Jacobin said...

King Cole put in a great effort for seven innings... Flash-ah-ah-blown-savior-of-the-universe Gordon picks up where he left off after he hurt himself last season, and then Madson picks up where he left off two nights ago (giving up a game winning home run to some Braves prick). Gotta give it to Charlie, why wouldn't you put Madson right back in that situation... we are carrying more than 3 guys in the pen, right?

furiousBall said...

our bullpen isn't scotish, it's crap!

das411 said...

Where is the twelve-fingered man???

GM-Carson said...

Ryan Madson is shitty.


That's all I have to say.

michael said...

it was the exact situation as monday..same shitty pitch (change-up), same inning, same shitty result (loss). send him to AAA and bring up the dictator and put Biseinus (sp?) in the set up role. how many more blown games from ryan madson are we going to have to suffer through?

GM-Carson said...

Michael to answer your question- we're going to have to suffer through 160 more blown game by Ryan Madson, because our noble leader Charlie Manuel believes in running the goat right back out there the following game, so prepare for yet another loss by the hands of Madson this afternoon.

michael said...

aw man, i was hoping you weren't going to say that.